PDA

View Full Version : Best Book Ever Written on Marketing or Media

KristineS
02-23-2009, 12:29 PM
Ad Age has compiled a list of what they think the best books ever written about Marketing and Media are. I've heard of some of the books, and disagree with a few of their picks.

Do you guys agree with their list (http://adage.com/bookstore/post?article_id=134760)? Is there anything you'd add to it and, if so, why?

vangogh
02-23-2009, 02:01 PM
The only book on their list that I've read is The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell. I do recommend reading it to anyone and everyone even if you aren't interested in marketing. It's simply a well written and interesting book.

I can't really say anything for or against the rest of the list though having never read anyway. I did bookmark the list though for future reading.

KristineS
02-23-2009, 04:10 PM
I like The Tipping Point and Blink as well.

The only other book on their list I'd read was Liar's Poker, and I wasn't impressed. It is a nice list for potential future reading though.

vangogh
02-23-2009, 04:54 PM
I recently read Blink and enjoyed it too, though not as much as Tipping Point. A few of the books on the list look like good reads. I'll probably find some reviews on Amazon and then order some. I'm always looking for a good marketing book.

Just H
02-24-2009, 08:28 AM
I haven't read any of these, have Blink somewhere that someone gave me but was quickly bored with that one. Some of these look really interesting though and I probably should check some out. Thanks for the list!