PDA

View Full Version : I want to promote this forum on my website and/or blog...

KarenB
08-10-2008, 10:32 AM
Hello Steve, Steve and not-a-Steve,

1) I would like to write a post on my blog highly recommending this forum.

2) I would like to add this site to my blogroll.

3) I also would like to post a link on my business website (on each page, just like my other links), but with a logo. Do you guys have a logo yet? I am eliminating one of the other links and would like to replace it with this one.

Your thoughts?

There may be other folks who would like to do the same, or perhaps who have already done so and might want to share their suggestions?

Thanks!

Karen

KristineS
08-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Karen,

We would love to have your help in promoting this site. I don't think any of us would have any problem with you writing a blog post or linking to us. I know I would appreciate it.

As for a badge, there has been some talk about making one, but I don't know what progress has been made. The Steves are the design guys, so I will ask them and see what is in the works.

Thanks for wanting to promote us. It is greatly appreciated.

The Not Steve

cbscreative
08-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Yep, I have the task of making those badges, and though I try to not work Sundays, I really should be doing so to have these ready so anyone who wants one can get it. Thank you Karen, you rock!

vangogh
08-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Karen by all means link to us and talk us up and generally spread the word. If you want you can use 'small business forum' as the anchor text of links.

Like Steve mentioned he's working on some badges in different sizes and I'm going to create some code for them so you'll just need to copy/paste it to your site.

We'd love it if more people talk about us. The best things anyone can be doing right now are:

1. Post
2. Create new threads
3. Link to the site
4. Tell anyone and everyone you know to register and join in on the fun

Everyone's efforts are greatly appreciated. We're off to a great start and with a little help we have the chance to make this place truly special.

Thanks Karen

cbscreative
08-11-2008, 12:51 AM
Those badges are still yet to come, and we do have a logo for the forum too (very simple but yet effective which is the idea). Thanks.

KarenB
08-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Okay guys, here you go.

It ain't fancy, but it's from the heart:

My Favorite Small Business Forum (http://officesupport911.wordpress.com/2008/08/11/my-favorite-small-business-forum/)

Karen

P.S. I've also added you to my blogroll.

cbscreative
08-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Cool, thanks, Karen. I sent vangogh some preliminary badges, so we should have those coded and ready to go soon.

KristineS
08-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Thank you Karen. We appreciate this so much.

vangogh
08-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Thank you Karen. That's a great write-up and it's appreciated.

Steve I haven't checked my email in awhile, but I guess I have something there waiting for me now.

KarenB
08-15-2008, 04:56 PM
I love your new logo for the forum!

I was just wondering whether the code was ready so that I could post a link on my site with the logo. I really, really want to spread the word about this excellent forum.

Thanks all.

Karen

vangogh
08-15-2008, 05:14 PM
Karen the code for the badges is waiting on me. Steve created the images, but I'm lagging on setting up the code. After all the time I spent here last week getting things set up I needed to take care of some things this week so my clients would still like me.

Look for them over the weekend. The badges are at the top of my list.

cbscreative
08-15-2008, 05:22 PM
Thanks, Karen, for the compliment on the logo. I almost stumbled on this design as I began developing a concept. There are times when logos take seemingly forever, and sometimes when you just know you "got it" right away.

I started playing with text based logos and have never used the type style of this logo for anything. As soon as I saw it, I thought it was so simple it was exactly what we needed. It was plain, yet made a clear statement. From there it was just giving it the "rough" look to simulate the imperfect effect of typing on paper, then added the red to make the .net stand out, plus go with the typewriters that actually included red ribbons back in the day.

I'm glad you like it. It's one of the fastest logos I've done in terms of getting the initial inspiration, yet it meets our needs and I'm not aware of any other forums using a design like this.

KarenB
08-15-2008, 05:50 PM
Karen the code for the badges is waiting on me. Steve created the images, but I'm lagging on setting up the code. After all the time I spent here last week getting things set up I needed to take care of some things this week so my clients would still like me.

Look for them over the weekend. The badges are at the top of my list.

That's okay, Steve. We'll let you off this time!

:)

Thanks!!!

KarenB
08-15-2008, 05:57 PM
As soon as I saw it, I thought it was so simple it was exactly what we needed. It was plain, yet made a clear statement. From there it was just giving it the "rough" look to simulate the imperfect effect of typing on paper, then added the red to make the .net stand out, plus go with the typewriters that actually included red ribbons back in the day.

What I liked about it, Steve, was exactly that: its simplicity and "retro-ness". (Is that a word? If not, I just made it up.)

It's timeless. I think that's why I really like it.

Karen

vangogh
08-15-2008, 08:37 PM
The logo Steve designed is much better than the quick and cheesy one I put up briefly while waiting for this one. Simplicity and retro-ness (if that's not a word it should be) is a good description.

vangogh
08-17-2008, 02:33 AM
I just added a thread where you can find badges to use on your sires. All you need to do is copy the code below the image and past it on your site.

You can find the badges here (http://www.small-business-forum.net/forum-news-announcements/208-badges-we-dont-need-no-stinking-badges.html).

Thanks again for asking for them and wanting to help promote the forum. Hope you like the images.

KristineS
08-17-2008, 10:00 AM
The badges are very cool. Good job guys!

KarenB
08-17-2008, 10:15 AM
The badges are very cool. Good job guys!

I second that! (Already picked my favorite and have it on my website.)

Karen

vangogh
08-17-2008, 01:04 PM
Thanks Karen. I see the one you added. I added one to my blog last night as soon as I finished setting things up.

thehunterswife
08-21-2008, 10:08 AM
I just added the badges to both my blogs and mentioned the forum on Twitter.

KristineS
08-21-2008, 10:12 AM
I just added the badges to both my blogs and mentioned the forum on Twitter.

You rock! Thanks so much, we appreciate the help.

thehunterswife
08-21-2008, 10:20 AM
I just stumbled as well. ;)

vangogh
08-21-2008, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the stumble.

cbscreative
08-21-2008, 12:17 PM
Yeah, I stumbled too. I almost forgot a badge on my new site redesign, but I'm OK now.

vangogh
08-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Funny that you almost forgot to add one. It's too easy for us to overlook the obvious. I added one right away since I wanted to test the badges to make sure they worked.

KristineS
08-25-2008, 12:26 PM
I still need to put the badges on my blogs. I have to figure out how to do that.

I also just mentioned us on Plurk again.

vangogh
08-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Plurk is actually driving a little traffic our way.

The badges are pretty easy to add. You should only need to copy and paste the code into your sidebar.php file. I'm assuming you were planning on adding it to the sidebar. It's literally a one minute thing so let me know if you want me to do it for you.

Just tell me which badge and where you want it added.

KristineS
08-26-2008, 12:34 PM
The badges are pretty easy to add. You should only need to copy and paste the code into your sidebar.php file. I'm assuming you were planning on adding it to the sidebar. It's literally a one minute thing so let me know if you want me to do it for you.

Just tell me which badge and where you want it added.

You're far too good to me. :D

vangogh
08-26-2008, 01:12 PM
You haven't gotten my bill yet :)