PDA

View Full Version : hi from hawaii

icetruck
03-12-2014, 01:09 AM
hi guys. this is my first time being on a business forum. i have a lunch wagon that is serving shave ice and smoothie at the moment. on kauai hawaii. started the business 5 months ago, and have just recently changed location. ( 10 ) days on new location. i am hoping to learn alot from you guys and hopefully give back to the community.

thanks for reading

PAUL.

tinker9696
03-12-2014, 08:23 AM
Weclome! loved Hawaii and people on Hawaii time! So relaxing!

vangogh
03-12-2014, 10:58 AM
Welcome to the forum Paul. Good luck at the new locations. Hopefully we can help with any questions you have and I'm sure you'll be jumping right in to the conversation. Looking forward to chatting and thanks for joining the community.

KristineS
03-12-2014, 01:32 PM
Welcome to the forum Paul. I have a friend who has been talking about his dream of starting a small beach bar business in Hawaii, so I'll be interested in what you have to say.

Business Attorney
03-12-2014, 02:08 PM
Paul, welcome to the forum. I wish I could send you some of our Midwest snow to sell in your shaved ice business!

Good luck.

David Hunter
03-12-2014, 02:35 PM
Welcome, Paul!

If I ever visit Hawaii I'll look you up.

To go off what David Staub said... I'm in Cleveland and we're supposed to get about 10 inches of snow today. Maybe I'll send a couple truck loads your way. haha

icetruck
03-12-2014, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys and gals ...as I sit here in the wagon waiting for customers I'm wondering if it's the right location... As the business is just breaking even at the moment. Of course now it's only been 11 days lol in this location and spring break is about to start so hopefully it gets better and I can get back of of my investment...

I have been in the lunch wagon business for 11 years. ( but it was with family ) this is my first truck that I own 100% . The problem is location ! I can't seem to find a good location. And the places I look at are all taken .. Mostly by my family members ! LOL so I can't / won't try to take away their customers .

At the moment I'm working a part time job as a waiter to pay the house bills . And I'm doing the shave ice wagon on the side to try and make
Something off of it. But sometime it seem like a lost cause . Guess what I'm truly looking for from the forum is the knowledge that I'm doing the right thing or not ... Of course no one can say yes or no unless you know the location I'm
In . O well . Lol

icetruck
03-12-2014, 06:58 PM
Last location I was breaking even for 5 months ! When high season came I started to see a bit of profits but not much . Then when low season started I when back to breaking even again . So I decided to move . Now I'm starting the process of getting known again at a new location. This has put a big damper on my spirit as now it's gonna be breaking even for a while AGAIN.....

Gabe
03-12-2014, 11:15 PM
Hello Paul, welcome to the forum.

vangogh
03-13-2014, 02:14 PM
I can't seem to find a good location

I always thought office parks were a good location. Depending on what you sell on the truck you could stop at a few during breakfast and then again around lunch time. Once people know you'll be there, you'll probably have a good number of consistent customers.

cbscreative
03-14-2014, 01:20 PM
I'm a little late to the party but welcome aboard. Hopefully you'll get the answers you need in other sections of the forum.