PDA

View Full Version : Is there an area for our self promotion?

dewitzMEDIA
02-27-2014, 11:54 AM
We all came here I'm sure for information. Contacts and I'm sure the ability to maybe gain a client or two. Is there a spot on the forum to properly and Tout what we have to offer?! Think a lot of us if not all of us could benefit from this if an area isn't already here for this purpose.

Wozcreative
02-27-2014, 12:02 PM
Not really.. do you really think a full thread of a bunch of people promoting their stuff is any use for people? The only real good way of "touting what you know" is by answering people's questions that pertain to what you have experience with. You also have your signature as well. A thread with advertisements has no use for me as a forum user or business owner.

Harold Mansfield
02-27-2014, 12:14 PM
Not really.. do you really think a full thread of a bunch of people promoting their stuff is any use for people? The only real good way of "touting what you know" is by answering people's questions that pertain to what you have experience with. You also have your signature as well. A thread with advertisements has no use for me as a forum user or business owner.

Yep, that's pretty much it. Participate freely in discussions without constant self promotion, and if people want to contact you via your signature they will.

cbscreative
02-27-2014, 12:42 PM
I third that. We are very lenient on signature privileges because we realize you may want to gain connections and sigs are a convenient way for anyone to click if they want to. We also allow a certain amount of horn tooting in your intro. Beyond that, learn, share, and integrate yourself into the community. Don't focus on promoting yourself and you'll find this place rewarding on several levels, not just gaining clients.

user2837
08-01-2014, 05:57 PM
I agree with the previous replies. Forums like this I would like to think have discussions as a priority, not marketing.