PDA

View Full Version : Please review my conservatories website.

alex09
02-21-2009, 08:19 AM
Hey Guys,

I'm Alex Ruseell and I'm new on this forum.

Well, we have a uPVC conservatories (http://www.conservatoryoutlet.co.uk) website and we are into the business of Conservatories, Orangeries, Double Glazing Windows and Doors, etc...

please review this website. Hope, I will get some good suggestions from you guys.

Thanks... :)

rezzy
02-21-2009, 09:54 AM
Well first, welcome to the forums!!

I looked the site over and it looks very well done. As far as coding and the looks everything looks ok. The use of breadcrumbs is good and thoughtful. The pop up thing about getting a free quote is both good and bad.

Thats the only thing that I saw that might need some adjustment, but it looks ok for my tastes.

The major question is, has this website helped your business? What have you done if anything to use the website as a marketing tool to gain more customers? A A+ website is nothing without people using it.

vangogh
02-21-2009, 12:04 PM
Welcome to the forum Alex. At first glance the site looks pretty good. It's certainly professional looking and it's easy to tell right away what your company does. I'd do away with the flashing "NOW" in the image to the right. To be honest if I landed on your home page and saw that I would leave before I ever read a single word. Flashing text pulls your attention to it, but at the exclusion of most everything else. The image would pull my attention to it without the flashing.

Your contact form is asking for a lot of information, more that you probably really need at first. The more fields in a form the less likely it gets filled out. Think about the information you really need and do away with the rest. For example you have your phone number at the top of every page. If that's my preferred way to contact you I'm probably going to call and not fill out the form. So why bother asking for my phone and preferred contact in the form?

With your blog pick one and only one category for each post. The extra categories aren't helping in any way. If anything you're creating duplicate content that will hurt your ranking. You can use multiple tags if you want, but keep it one category per post. Also the blog reads more like sales pages than information pages. The content itself is fine, but I think it's more appropriate elsewhere. Blogs work better when you're providing information around your topic instead of trying to use them for direct sales. Think about who would subscribe what's really just a sales page.

Overall it's a nice site and a job well done.

alex09
02-23-2009, 06:32 AM
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

KristineS
02-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Alex,

I would agree, get rid of the flashing now. The difference in color makes that banner stand out enough, and things that flash tend to look spammy.

I'd also do a bit more with your blog. Right now it looks like you're mostly putting testimonials up there, which isn't a bad thing, but can you include a picture of what you did for the person who's saying how great you are? I think that would add a little extra kick.

Just H
03-03-2009, 08:43 AM
Alex, I think the site has a great look. The flashing Now is a bit distracting. I like the clean layout and modern look. Just did a quick run through and noticed a few things:

- On About page: under "Our Bespoke Service", Conservatory is misspelled (Conservetory)

- On Contact Us page, missing a space after asterisk (Fields marked *are mandatory)

- Blog - I would recommend leaving the testimonials out as posts and putting those on their own page. The posts are supposed to come from you and be informational about your product, things you're working one, etc., but the testimonials are coming from the client. This makes it look to me like you wrote your own testimonial.

Just out of curiosity for those of us across the pond, what is an Orangery?