PDA

View Full Version : Re-Introducing Myself

Patrysha
02-22-2014, 10:42 AM
Because I have a new name :-)

Last week, I decided to blow up my brand (it really wasn't working for me...what was I thinking? sooo many lessons in that!!) and regroup under a new name and at a new site...

So now I'm not a witch anymore...

Just a publicist.

Just thought I'd let everyone who is not on social media waiting for my next weather update know :-)

And if you happen to be free around 3:30 EST do drop in on my free webinar on Introduction to Publicity ;-)

Happy Saturday!!

vangogh
02-22-2014, 10:32 PM
Hmm? Patrysha? It's ringing a bell. I think I know you, but…

Changing brands is a big step. I did the same thing a few years back. I was nervous before making the change, but I knew it was the right thing to do and it definitely helped my business. I like the sound of Patrysha Publicity. I have a thing for alliteration, which might explain it, but I like it because it's simple and easy to remember and describes what you do. It's hits the main bases.

I wasn't around earlier and missed your seminar. Will you place the recording on your site at some point?

Harold Mansfield
02-23-2014, 10:31 AM
I did the same thing 2 years ago. It was definitely the right decision for me.

I like the change you've made and I think it will be good for business.

David Hunter
02-23-2014, 01:56 PM
I hope it goes well!!!! :-)

Patrysha
02-23-2014, 04:17 PM
Van Gogh...thanks! The recording will be a freebie lead generator for my list - but I'm also planning to do Intro webinars on a regular basis - we'll see if I have to adjust the thought and what-not. I just applied for a part time Marketing and Operations position for another business coach/consultant...so if I get that I'll have to rejigger things a bit again...I won't take it if I have to give up the business, but I had to try because it's for a person I could really learn so much from...so we shall see.

vangogh
02-25-2014, 12:48 AM
Makes sense about the seminar. With the others it's probably a good idea to place them somewhere later. Give people something for watching live, like an ability to ask questions and then let everyone else watch them later. Get double use out of the content.

Good luck with the position you applied for. Learning from someone who's been there can turn out to be a great thing. I wouldn't give up the business either, especially for a part time position.

cbscreative
02-25-2014, 07:58 PM
Welcome to the SBF. Like vangogh, I sense a familiarity like we should know you.

Seriously, congrats on the rebranding. It looks like a common occurrence. I pretty much did the same thing like others here mentioned but took that plunge earlier in the game. I started my company in 2002 (have an anniversary sometime next month) and my first web site was a different domain than I use now. I took the new domain in 2003 and I'm glad I did. The first iteration was weak. Although the company name has been the same from day 1, I really brand myself with the domain name which has worked well.

I remember when vangogh took that plunge too and it was a good move.

vangogh
02-26-2014, 02:15 AM
Believe it or not I've had thoughts of rebranding again. Every so often I come up with a name I like, but it's always taken and not being used.

cbscreative
02-26-2014, 12:39 PM
It seems to me you have it already, vangogh. You said yourself above the name says what you do (SEO and design). I was surprised you got that domain name when you did. I think you'll have a hard time beating it. I haven't looked at your site in quite a while either. Nice and clean, straight to the point. I like it.

Gabe
03-03-2014, 07:55 PM
Hi Patrysha. Rebranding is always a hard decision, but for the best.

vangogh
03-13-2014, 02:20 PM
It seems to me you have it already

Except that I don't really offer seo services and think the domain isn't the easiest to remember or spell. I'd rather have something generic that's easy to remember and type.

cbscreative
03-14-2014, 01:10 PM
Must just be me then, I consider it easy enough. However, if you don't do SEO services I would want to change it too.