PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Buffalo, NY

kml9870
02-19-2009, 05:47 AM
Hello everyone!

I have had my own small business for almost 11 years while I also work full time and raise my family. I started out doing resumes and computer tutoring back in 1998. In 2001 I added website design/hosting and pretty much dropped the resumes and tutoring. I host about 20 sites that I designed and am starting to market to a niche group that will hopefully lead me into retirement from my full time job.

I look forward to being able to contribute here :D

~Kandi

rezzy
02-19-2009, 09:24 AM
Welcome Kandi.

Seems like you are on target to make some of your goals. Do you have website of your own to show off?

kml9870
02-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Hi rezzy, I do have my own site, but it's down right now for re-design. Hadn't touched it in about 6 years :p. I will post it in my sig once I finish the remodel :D

rezzy
02-19-2009, 11:11 AM
I do have my own site, but it's down right now for re-design. Hadn't touched it in about 6 years :p.

My current site, is a work in progress also. Its currently using a template I found while I finish fine-tuning my super-uber awesome fantastic website. :o

vangogh
02-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Welcome Kandi. Thanks again for joining.

For those who don't know Kandi and I (and some others) moderate Webmaster-Talk (http://www.webmaster-talk.com). I mentioned this place to her and in a few minutes she was here.

Kandi you may recognize one or two members here who also found their way over from WT. I believe Bryan above has been known to leave a few posts at WT and I'll let you discover some other people you may already know on your own.

Thanks again for joining the community.

kml9870
02-19-2009, 11:30 AM
Thanks Steve :). I knew if you were involved I would like the place, so I had to rush right over :D

Yes, I did notice a few from WT over here. We will bring more along as time progresses!

cbscreative
02-19-2009, 11:44 AM
Welcome to our community, Kandi. It looks like you and I share a few things in common with our experience. We do have a lot of web discussions here, so I look forward to seeing more of your posts.

vangogh
02-19-2009, 11:52 AM
Kandi maybe we'll convince a few more people to migrate over as well. I notice plenty of people checking out this place through my sig link at WT. I think it's one of our better sources of traffic.

kml9870
02-19-2009, 11:52 AM
Thanks Steve (cbscreative)! I have been browsing the web discussions and I'm sure I will have something to contribute.

Steve (vangogh)...I think quite a few people will end up here from WT....especially considering yours & my recent conversations. I may have to add it to my sig over on WT...but I haven't had a link in my sig in sooo long

vangogh
02-19-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm sure you will too.

KristineS
02-19-2009, 12:29 PM
Hi Kandi. Any friend of Vangogh's is a friend of ours. Welcome to the forum. We're glad you're here.

kml9870
02-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Thanks Kristine! So far I'm liking it here...I might have to stick around :p

Paul Elliott
02-19-2009, 06:35 PM
So far I'm liking it here...I might have to stick around :p

Welcome, Kandi! It snows in Buffalo doesn't it? :rolleyes:

You'll find the weather is always great in the SBF. lol

Paul

kml9870
02-19-2009, 06:42 PM
Yes Paul, it snows in Buffalo...the sad, sad reason my motorcycle has been in the garage the last few months.

Thanks for the welcome!

vangogh
02-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Ahh Buffalo snow. I remember it well. Actually I was quite lucky in that the years I lived there were lacking in snow by Buffalo standards. Daily lake effect snow, but I missed all the big 3+ footers. I do recall a few good storms, but nothing like Buffalo is famous for.

Blessed
02-20-2009, 12:09 AM
Hi Kandi! Welcome to the forum!

I'm glad you and Steve are friends but I'm also glad your name isn't Steve... you'll see lots of those guys around here :D

Just H
02-20-2009, 08:55 AM
Welcome Kandi! Looking forward to seeing your new site design. I don't envy you in Buffalo - I try to spend most winters in FL. I do want to hear more about the motorcycle tho! I have a purple/white Honda Magna.

kml9870
02-20-2009, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the welcome Blessed! I've noticed the abundance of Steves :p And here I thought Michael was the most popular name after I named my son Michael.

H - Thanks for the welcome. My site re-design will probably take a while...it's a back seat project with paid projects taking priority :) My bike is a 650 V-Star, here's a not so great pic of it the day I bought it last year:

http://www.kandisweb.com/wt/smallbike.jpg

Just H
02-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Nice, here's mine, 750. How many months of the year are ok to ride in Buffalo? I was there last July and was cool and rainy most of the week.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_NiGahON4_U4/RrdzbSOFALI/AAAAAAAAAXo/a4dmofgsVAY/6-11-001.jpg

cbscreative
02-20-2009, 12:18 PM
There are rumors that this forum might get renamed to Den of Steves, but it's just a rumor.

kml9870
02-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Nice, here's mine, 750. How many months of the year are ok to ride in Buffalo? I was there last July and was cool and rainy most of the week.
If we are lucky we get from March through October. It's not looking like I will be able to take it out the first week of March though :( I don't get a chance to ride much during the week. Between my full time job, my business, my two teenagers (although my son is joining the Army this week), my hubby and the million church committees I'm on...I usually get to ride one week day, a long ride on Saturdays and sometime if I'm really, really lucky I can squeeze another one in on Sunday afternoon.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_NiGahON4_U4/RrdzbSOFALI/AAAAAAAAAXo/a4dmofgsVAY/6-11-001.jpg

There are rumors that this forum might get renamed to Den of Steves, but it's just a rumor.
I don't think it needs the name change, it becomes obvious that this is a den of Steves withing the first few minutes :p