PDA

View Full Version : need some advice in garments industry

jet2set
01-21-2014, 10:55 AM
hi guys... whatsup? :) anyone there has some tips or advice to manage a small company in garments industry?
right now we make customize jeans, pants, jackets and etc here in Brunie. currently we have some machines but lacks the man power
and also i have 2 sewers mostly we can make 30 pairs/week and me as a manager/designer and my mother also who markets our company
anyone who can share some ideas to help us? its really hard to find some sewers here because of our current starting salary...
hopefully in the future i am planning to open an upholstery shop, caps and bags for customize.

btw i am also planning to make some ads in the news papers but only the small portions.. anyone can help me here? im not really good at making a
catchy paragraph or slogan for the ads :) i would love to here all of you opinions... thanks in advance guys

T.C
-jet :)

Fulcrum
01-21-2014, 04:35 PM
The simplest solution to the sewer shortage is to increase your starting wage until you can attract new employees. You do need to make sure that your margins can handle the increase in wages though.

Also, I'm not a garment expert nor am I familiar with sewing, but 30 pairs/week seems low to me for 2 people sewing. Someone please correct me if my impressions are wrong.

jet2set
01-23-2014, 08:48 AM
thanks! i just recently send my ads to our local news paper maybe next week we could be in the papers i hope it would attract us some customers :)

jet2set
01-25-2014, 10:50 AM
one of my sewers requested that his salary would be by piece of his sewing and not on monthly basis.. is it okay? is anyone out there that into garments business? :)