PDA

View Full Version : Google Launches WordPress Plugin For AdSense And Webmaster Tools

Harold Mansfield
01-16-2014, 03:50 PM
All I can say is, "It's about fricken time!":

Google has released (http://adsense.blogspot.com/2014/01/google-publisher-plugin-beta-bringing.html) a new plugin for publishers using WordPress. The official Google Publisher Plugin offers support for Google AdSense and Google Webmaster Tools, with more services likely to be added in the future.

More here: Google Launches WordPress Plugin For AdSense And Webmaster Tools (http://marketingland.com/google-launches-wordpress-plugin-for-adsense-and-webmaster-tools-70797?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social)

On the Google blog: Inside AdSense: Google Publisher Plugin beta: Bringing our publisher products to WordPress (http://adsense.blogspot.com/2014/01/google-publisher-plugin-beta-bringing.html)

The actual Plug In is here: WordPress › Google Publisher Plugin (beta) « WordPress Plugins (http://wordpress.org/plugins/google-publisher/)

vangogh
01-17-2014, 12:30 AM
I've seen a few reports about this plugin, though I haven't tried it yet. Have you added it on any sites yet? If so what did you think? I think I'm more excited with the Webmaster Tools integration. I also wanted to see what's coming in the future.

Harold Mansfield
01-17-2014, 10:01 AM
I haven't yet. I'll probably plop in on something soon out of curiosity. I'm with you, I want to see the Webmaster tools integration and see what else is coming. Hopefully the adsense options are able to be deactivated and hidden, or it won't be viable for most client sites.

I'll report back after I install it on something.

KristineS
01-17-2014, 11:57 AM
Definitely would like a report when you try it Harold. I'm in the process of getting three new personal blogs started after a couple of years of not having any. I so love the latest Wordpress. It's very user friendly, even for technologically inept persons like myself.

vangogh
01-17-2014, 02:34 PM
At the moment I can't do AdSense on my WordPress site. I can only show one specific ad. I'm still curious about the AdSense part.

I think the Webmaster Tools will be more interesting, though at the same time I wonder how much information the plugin will send back to Google like anything else Google related. I already give them info about the site through Analytics so I'm not really concerned, but it would be nice to know. What I think will be great is if more site owners realized that Google's Webmaster Tools exist and has some useful information. I don't check WMT as often as I probably should so the plugin will be a nice reminder, but I get the feeling a lot less people use WMT Tools than should.

Robert360
01-23-2014, 05:05 PM
All I can say is, "It's about fricken time!"

My sentiments exactly. Back when I was just creating websites for fun, I'd often run into problems putting an ad on the site.

vangogh
01-24-2014, 02:12 AM
I used to use a plugin called AdSense Deluxe. It might still be available and I think I still have it installed. It made it relatively easy to place ads in posts and pages. You'd basically copy the ad code from Google in one place in the plugin and then place ads in the content through the use of an html comment. It was pretty easy if I remember correctly.

I'm more excited now about the Google Webmaster Tool integration. I always forget to check Webmaster Tools. It'll be nice to have something built into the site to at least remind me to check in more. Hopefully it provides everything I want directly in the plugin. The downside of course is you're giving Google more information about your site, which you may or may not want. I'll test the plugin though to see if what you get is valuable enough to keep.

patrickprecisione
01-28-2014, 02:22 PM
I've got a question. I'm working on a new blog which will be launched soon. Right now I'm working on creating a backlog of content and working out the kinks with site.

Anyway, should I go ahead and set up Adsense immediately, or wait until I start to build an audience and some traffic? better question, is it even possible to set up Adsense with a new website or will I have to get some traffic first?

Harold Mansfield
01-28-2014, 03:48 PM
I've got a question. I'm working on a new blog which will be launched soon. Right now I'm working on creating a backlog of content and working out the kinks with site.

Anyway, should I go ahead and set up Adsense immediately, or wait until I start to build an audience and some traffic? better question, is it even possible to set up Adsense with a new website or will I have to get some traffic first?

Since ads are populated based on the content of the site, probably best to wait until you have some on there. Also, unless you already have an adsense account, there is a review process. No sense in applying until your site is running well with loads of content and starting to get some traffic.

vangogh
01-29-2014, 02:04 AM
should I go ahead and set up Adsense immediately, or wait until I start to build an audience and some traffic

That's a question that's been asked since the first website and the first ad. There's no definitive answer. You aren't likely to make much with AdSense until you have some traffic. On the other hand placing ads right away sets expectations. You won't anger an audience later when you do place ads. I've generally waited, though I usually let people know I plan on placing ads at some point. That's how I did it here. There were no ads originally and a couple of years later I added a two (though only one visible to members). I was clear early on though that ads would eventually be here and I think I've managed to place them without it being too much.

As far as getting in, you don't need traffic. Google just wants to see you have a legitimate site and not a low quality made for AdSense site, though even many of those have been accepted.