PDA

View Full Version : We're Going To Have A...

Blessed
02-16-2009, 12:03 AM
BOY!

For those of you who didn't know - I found out right before Christmas that I was over three months pregnant... :o so we went for the ultrasound Friday and they say it's going to be a boy!

June is going to be a fun month... I have a new client that I'm doing a monthly magazine for that takes about 60 hours a month, one of my old clients has a big project for their annual fundraiser that always needs to be done in June/July and one of my other clients always needs one of her big projects in May/June. And, I'm going to have a c-section and have a newborn baby boy right in the middle of all of it while I'm trying to keep up with my 17 month old girl who will be 21 months old then. Hopefully everything is good with the baby, right now they are concerned that he might have a heart problem. We'll find out for sure in a few weeks. If he does and it means that we're going to be spending lots of time in the hospital in June and July I have a feeling I'll be needing to use up some of those favors my designer friends owe me!

vangogh
02-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Woo Hoo! Congratulations. I'm one who didn't know you were pregnant so double congrats.

Wow, June is going to be interesting for you. I do hope you'll be taking some time off even if it is a busy time for your business. I guess if we don't see you here for a time we'll understand. If you time it right your new boy can share my mom's birthday.

KristineS
02-16-2009, 01:37 PM
I've heard this news on your blog, but wanted to say congratulations here as well.

I'm sure everything will be fine with the baby, and he'll arrive healthy and happy in June.

cbscreative
02-16-2009, 01:45 PM
I was thinking you should be training your reinforcements between now and then. Congrats on the new one being a boy, and congrats to hubby on having a son. For the first several years, you will get to enjoy him, especially as a WAH mom. Enjoy it fully before he needs to "claim his own space" at about 10-13 or so. For dad, it's always special to have a son. Mine is 14 so I speak from experience. His older sisters are 22 and 19 (turning 20 in March).

Blessed
02-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Thanks everyone!

Vangogh - I'll take some time off, but it might not happen until August/September :) If I am around here it will be for quick sanity breaks!

vangogh
02-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Just remember that baby boy comes first. I'm sure you don't need any advice from me about raising a kid though, given you're already raising one and I've raised exactly 0.

I can understand visiting here for the sanity breaks. Sometimes the forum is simply a nice diversion from everything else.

kml9870
02-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Congrats Blessed! If you don't make Vangogh's mom's birthday, maybe your son can share my son's birthday on the 22 of June. Except my son will be turning 19 and should be finishing basic training for the Army around that time.

You will certainly be busy with a toddler and a newborn....with or without the business obligations! I pray that whatever was seen on the ultrasound resolves itself during your pregnancy and your son is born health :D

Aaron Hats
02-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Congratulations!

rezzy
02-19-2009, 02:27 PM
Congratulations!

Marcomguy
02-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Congratulations, Blessed!

Dan Furman
02-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Congrats Blessed!!

Patrysha
02-20-2009, 06:39 PM
Congrats! Boys are so great...I had three -)

I do not envy you for the workload you'll be facing in June. Yikes!

Evan
02-21-2009, 12:04 AM
Congratulations! June birthdays can be hectic, but I'm a proud Gemini! :)

Blessed
02-21-2009, 06:44 AM
I'm a June baby myself Evan... this one should come after my birthday though - he's due on the 24th and my birthday is the 10th.

Now if only Hubby and I could agree on a name... how come girl names are so much easier to come up with?

kml9870
02-23-2009, 08:23 AM
how come girl names are so much easier to come up with?
Because girls are so much trouble later on!

Blessed
02-26-2009, 07:54 AM
We're scheduled for the fetal echocardiogram on March 6th - hopefully they find that everything is fine!

In the meantime... someone suggested I read through the last names in the phone book to find a boy name...

and Kandi your comment about girls being so much trouble later on made me laugh - thanks!

kml9870
02-26-2009, 03:29 PM
and Kandi your comment about girls being so much trouble later on made me laugh - thanks!
I'm glad I could brighten your day :D.

My daughter is way more trouble than my son!

I will say extra prayers for a successful echocardiogram next Friday http://www.kandisweb.com/wt/praying.gif