PDA

View Full Version : Yay Or Nay?

ArcadeBusiness
01-05-2014, 07:03 PM
Do you like this website? Does it have potential? Do you like the games?

Please be 100% honest.

Frivening.com

Also, what do YOU think would be the best way to monetize it?

Wozcreative
01-05-2014, 11:39 PM
The slogan "games for anyone and everyone" doesn't make sense.. looks like it's games for children.
When clicking on a game I got sent to/got a popup to another site/game/page. Confusing. Don't understand it.

Harold Mansfield
01-06-2014, 11:23 AM
Do you like this website? Does it have potential? Do you like the games?

Please be 100% honest.

Frivening.com

Also, what do YOU think would be the best way to monetize it?

I'm not a big fan of game sites like this, but my friend's 7-9 year old kids do play them...which seems to be the target demographic here.
Honestly, I clicked on a few and they aren't very good or entertaining...if not outdated.

I'm sure there's a market for it, but to be honest I couldn't tell you how to monetize a site that is geared towards people who don't have any money.

How do other kid friendly companies do it...I mean isn't the name of the game to keep bombarding products into the kid's heads until they eventually ask their parent to buy it?

Maybe the play here is to get them to other heavily merchandized sites like Nickelodeon, or Disney. I'm really not sure. One thing for sure, kids can't buy anything, but do have influence.

KristineS
01-06-2014, 11:58 AM
Looks like all you did is found a bunch of free games and put links to them on a page. Not really impressed or interested and I do play games online on occasion. Just not sure why I would use your site to do that.

liamdai
01-11-2014, 03:26 PM
I think there are too many ads for a new gaming website.

until you get enough unique visitors, i would work on your ad placement and how many.

I tried one game and i saw 6 ads before i even got to the game. The game is super slow to load, not sure if you did it on purpose to give more ad time.

ArcadeBusiness
01-12-2014, 11:37 PM
I'm not a big fan of game sites like this, but my friend's 7-9 year old kids do play them...which seems to be the target demographic here.
Honestly, I clicked on a few and they aren't very good or entertaining...if not outdated.

I'm sure there's a market for it, but to be honest I couldn't tell you how to monetize a site that is geared towards people who don't have any money.

How do other kid friendly companies do it...I mean isn't the name of the game to keep bombarding products into the kid's heads until they eventually ask their parent to buy it?

Maybe the play here is to get them to other heavily merchandized sites like Nickelodeon, or Disney. I'm really not sure. One thing for sure, kids can't buy anything, but do have influence.

The site makes its money via AdSense but you do have a point. Thanks!

I think there are too many ads for a new gaming website.

until you get enough unique visitors, i would work on your ad placement and how many.

I tried one game and i saw 6 ads before i even got to the game. The game is super slow to load, not sure if you did it on purpose to give more ad time.

It's not a new site though...

And ranks on the first page for a search term that gets 100K+ searches a month.

But you do have a good point regarding the advertisements.

Thanks for the constructive criticism!