PDA

View Full Version : SEO For Tough Niche

PayForWords
01-05-2014, 10:20 AM
So, I have a new project in the works...

Essentially, people will get to my site via Google Images.

Therefore, there is little room for actual text content except for the following:

Alt Image Text, Image Title, 100-300 word description, tags.

It'll be done via Word Press btw.

Any tips for SEO for an image based site? You know, like a gallery?

Wozcreative
01-05-2014, 11:54 AM
The main thing I would suggest is setting up and image sitemap with google.

Robert Stafford
01-31-2014, 08:10 PM
This will be a difficult venture. You will have to experiment with different methods until you achieve the results you desire. If your niche is low competition, it shouldn't be a hassle. If it is saturated, I wish you luck.

Radion
02-18-2014, 03:42 AM
Make sure that you have alt tags for all of your images.

Make sure that these alt tags are keyword rich.

Make sure these keywords are relevant to the images.

There is also a debate going on about weather or not image file names should be key word rich.

Err on the belief that image file names are of some importance to SEO and work from there.

If your interested

Nextsix.com

michelle222
02-20-2014, 12:36 AM
That can work, in terms of ranking. I have seen sites with pure images only and they rank well not only in Google images but also in Google results/web page.

I would suggest you optimize your pages with proper meta tags as well. Then I would also add sharing buttons to social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and so on.

Optimizing your images is enough. You can always rank well if you support the site with a good off page SEO campaign. Make sure that your SEO campaign includes backlinks from high PR sites, then perhaps write and share useful content as well.

Good luck!

JohnF
02-28-2014, 07:50 PM
Sitemap with Google, image metatags, strong internal linkages and backlinks using relevant keywords to specific images. Don't think the backlinks actually need to have particularly high PR if its a small nice you're working with. PR has progressively become a smaller and smaller part of the equation over the years, and will continue to do so. Social sharing features are also key; they'll get you both organic traffic and organic backlink generation. Also, have a few non-reciprocal outbound links dotted around the site- search engines reward that too.

singhabhishek251
11-29-2014, 08:06 AM
You are correct there won't be much room for something else except what you have already mentioned, one thing you were missing is image gallery and rest is in place.

FirstPortMarketing
12-07-2014, 09:18 PM
Any chance that these images are stock and royalty-free? If so, you could share watermarked versions to different stock photo sites, and direct traffic to your site for the original images.

DeniseTaylor
12-08-2014, 02:28 PM
This thread came up as current for me, but I see that it began early this year.

I'm actually curious how this project is panning out. I see various ways this site could be vulnerable for Penguin/Panda issues but wondering if it's able to get anywhere since it's an image-based site. Could you please post an update and let us know?

Thanks!

CoolHandCol
12-16-2014, 03:29 PM
It will be very difficult. The best advice I can give is make sure your on page SEO is good - URL names, meta title, meta description, header tags, alt tags and at least a little bit of content

Harold Mansfield
12-16-2014, 03:34 PM
This is an old one, but worth adding to. To be honest if it were me I'd of course do the Google stuff, but my focus would be on Social Media which is purely image driven. I'd be working Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook like they were the last bones on a short rack of ribs.

techdis7
01-05-2015, 04:01 AM
On Page always matters a lot, but foe image based website, it will become more important.

Image sitemap
ALT tags
Image size (so that page speed is good)
Image descriptions matters

After that, join communities like Pinterest