PDA

View Full Version : What forms do you use to collect customer contact info?

LeadMaster
01-03-2014, 02:31 AM
Do you have forms on your website for contact option or collecting customer information? If so what contact forms do you use? Is the form connected to a lead management system?

vangogh
01-03-2014, 07:00 PM
Not really. I collect email address in a few places. When people want to subscribe to my blog via email I naturally need it. When they leave a comment they fill out an email address. When they buy my book I get an email address too. That's all I collect though. I don't really need anything else unless someone becomes a client for my design services. When that happens I'll collect their contact information through an email exchange or over the phone.

Atenua
01-04-2014, 02:19 PM
I can recommend two options:

1. Free: Google Forms (inside Google Drive suite). You’ll find that they are not perhaps the best looking, but they work just fine. Input goes to a spreadsheet and you can set some email notification rules:

Link: https://support.google.com/drive/answer/87809?hl=en

2. Paid: Wufoo. Several plans (one is free) with some advanced features. It can be integrated with CMS’s:

Link: http://www.wufoo.com/
CMS integration: http://www.wufoo.com/partners/ (bottom of the page)

Additionally, if you need to collect consumer information, you can try “Google Consumer Surveys”, it’s a paid product:

http://www.google.com/insights/consumersurveys/home

Wozcreative
01-05-2014, 12:54 AM
Just my billing software really. I am trying out the new Quickbooks Online (they are slowly rolling out with a much nicer/intuitive interface).. so far so good.. still cannot figure out the invoicing design on it though. It's ugly.

Anyway I just collect it all in one place. I ask them in an email or just grab from their email signature.

ryantc
01-05-2014, 07:07 PM
I'd suggest Google Forms - let's you collect information from customers quickly. Google Docs (http://www.google.com/google-d-s/createforms.html).
They are not the most appealing forms out there, however are fairly simple to create and get the job done.

Sean_DeSilva
01-24-2014, 03:44 PM
there is a good WordPress plug-in called contact form 7, which does the trick nicely. Easy to set up, easy to modify.

ajointventure
01-24-2014, 08:14 PM
I have used Jot Forms (Google it). The have a great selection of form templates and a free user account which is up-gradable. It's also pretty intuitive and once you get to know your way around you can insert all kinds of fields.

Gabe
01-26-2014, 12:45 AM
I use Gravity Forms for all of the forms on my websites and on customer websites. I integrate them directly with cloud app services. I'm not sure what services or workflow you use, but definitely consider integrating them with the forms on your website. You could use them for something as simple as lead capture or something advanced as customer onboarding.

For example, for one of my customers we made it so the work request form on his website automatically creates a draft invoice in FreshBooks (also works with QuickBooks or Xero), creates a project in Basecamp (also works with other project management apps), adds customers to Highrise (works with other CRMs), adds an confirmation appointment to the Google calendar based on the dates the customer chose and availability, adds the customer to the newsletter, and sends him a text message summary of everything. Pretty cool right?

There are hundreds of apps out there, but you can tie them all together and trigger them with form submissions. How you do it really depends on how you're setup. I use WordPress and Gravity Forms on all customer sites and that's probably your best bet if you want to do it yourself (assuming you're using WordPress). That combination will let you connect with a couple hundred different apps. Some apps are harder to integrate than others, but it's all possible.

Someone above mentioned Wufoo. I've never used them, but I've heard good things, so I assume you could do something similar. If you want some ideas of what you can do, there's a page about website app integration (http://justaddcontent.com/website-platform/) on my website showing customers the possibilities. But even though it's about my platform, you can do most of the same things with your own website.

If you have questions on how to get started, just tell me what software you're currently using and what apps you want to connect and I'll try to point you in the right direction. I've spent a lot of time working on this stuff, so I can probably give you some shortcuts if you're struggling. If I don't respond on here just shoot me an email through my website.

vangogh
01-30-2014, 12:16 AM
there is a good WordPress plug-in called contact form 7

One of the plugins that gets added to every site I build. Can't remember the last time I built a contact form without it.

I use Gravity Forms for all of the forms on my websites and on customer websites

I haven't used it myself, but I know lots of people swear by it. If I had a greater need for forms, I would definitely go for Gravity Forms. My lack of use comes about from a lack of need on my part. I've generally heard good things about Wufoo too.

DarrenDeMatas
02-23-2014, 12:14 AM
One of the plugins that gets added to every site I build. Can't remember the last time I built a contact form without it.

I haven't used it myself, but I know lots of people swear by it. If I had a greater need for forms, I would definitely go for Gravity Forms. My lack of use comes about from a lack of need on my part. I've generally heard good things about Wufoo too.

I second Gravity Forms!

patricknull
09-08-2014, 07:01 AM
For Wordpress, use the Contact Form 7 or Visual Form Builder to create any custom form. When creating contact form, I use CF7; when creating appoinment form, I use the Visual Form Builder. If you're looking for something more advanced such as form validation, install a form data validation plugin.

gabearnold
10-15-2014, 10:38 AM
I use Wufoo for everything on my site. It really makes automation and notifications very simple.

singhabhishek251
11-07-2014, 05:27 AM
I am using my own custom coding for the contact forms, but you can use jotform as well, if you have less than 100 submissions in a month. You need to pay extra if you want to have more submissions based on that you can select desired packages.

Blackwingconsultants
11-18-2014, 01:56 PM
Google drive is your friend but if you are using wordpress, there are several plugins you can use for this.