PDA

View Full Version : Business Card Design – Feedback

Wozcreative
12-28-2013, 11:51 AM
So it's time for me to update my current business card and I would like some feedback. I design cards for a living but for others! It is super difficult to do it for yourself because you can never decide on the tiniest details.

NEW CARD DESIGN: http://wozcreative.com/downloads/woz_bcard.png

Only notes I give is that there will not be any addresses on it.. I work from my home office, even though the building has concierge, it wouldn't be wise/make sense.

For some measure.. here is the old card: http://www.wozcreative.com/downloads/woz_oldcard.jpg

I mainly have spot UV's for the pattern which will be clear on a red.. and the spot uv on the front to surround the logo (logo will be untouched). The card will be printed on a matt laminate 14 pt card stock.
I am thinking about maybe doing red or black foil stamp on the logo on the back or front.. not sure.

billbenson
12-28-2013, 09:57 PM
I'm not going to comment on your card Waz as I'm not qualified. But why do you need a card at all? I believe you have said you don't meet customers. Do you go to trade shows where you would need them? Just curious.

Wozcreative
12-28-2013, 10:48 PM
Doesn't mean I don't... NETWORK! ;) I go to design events, trade shows, meet ups, galleries, sporting events etc. It also helps when I am hanging out with friends and they bring someone in the group that is in a line of business that I'm interested in. Local clients are my biggest audience. To add to your question.. if I "did" meet people for projects.. wouldn't they ALREADY have my phone # and email anyway? ;)

So yes.. if you are in the business of people.. you need a business card.

billbenson
12-29-2013, 11:52 PM
Makes sense Waz. I just didn't think you would be doing that much face to face stuff in your industry.

KristineS
12-30-2013, 04:09 PM
I like both cards actually. They're unique looking and bold without being over the top or hard to read. That's my pet peeve with business cards these days, people get so caught up in making it "cool" that they forget the primary purpose is to convey information. I think the new one is simple but classy.

Harold Mansfield
01-01-2014, 01:17 PM
I like the 2nd one better. Just seems "slicker" to me for some reason. But you really can't go wrong either way.

And I agree that everyone needs cards. I rarely network locally, and hardly every meet any clients face to face, but it's nice to have a card handy the few times that you do need it. Not having one is far worse.

Sean_DeSilva
01-24-2014, 03:42 PM
One thing you can do to increase the stickiness of your card is to put 1-3 valuable tips on how to improve aesthetics and design in everything they do on the backside. Now your card not only gives your information but keeps crucial information close to home (if you do it right that is)

Enerica
02-11-2014, 07:17 PM
I think the new one looks great, well done!

RayC
04-03-2014, 01:45 PM
Clean design, looks good!

One thing you can do to increase the stickiness of your card is to put 1-3 valuable tips on how to improve aesthetics and design in everything they do on the backside.

+1. Put the backside to work. I love cards that have a blank area for hand written notes - they're really handy at networking events.

Rick48CM
04-22-2014, 09:15 AM
New cards look nice! The hierarchy of information is good, your name easily stands out first. I really like the pattern you've got with the "W", love how you used it above the information. The layout is great, for me it's very interesting. I like clean and simple, the side with just the "W" logo works for me. Overall, quite professional, easy to tell you are in design.

Wozcreative
04-22-2014, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the feedback! I ended up going with a different design all together (being a designer sucks when you have to decide on something for yourself that you won't get bored of quickly).
I will post pictures once I get them back from the printers in a few days!

singhabhishek251
11-22-2014, 01:25 AM
I love the design and I am also looking for a card design for me but I do not want to spend more for this as I already have my old cards with me, but still I would like to have a good design for a new card.

Blessed
11-23-2014, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the feedback! I ended up going with a different design all together (being a designer sucks when you have to decide on something for yourself that you won't get bored of quickly).
I will post pictures once I get them back from the printers in a few days!

Yep :) Although I've used my card design for 7 years now... it just works for me and the printing company I worked for ran about 2500 of them for me when I quit to go freelance and I still have about 1000 left. Mine stand out in a crowd - because of bold colors and my dog image. Every now and then I think about changing it up, but can't land on anything I like better. It's much easier to work for other people!

I liked both of the designs you posted earlier and am looking forward to seeing the final!