PDA

View Full Version : Hosting: Media Temple

orion_joel
02-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Hi All,

Has anyone used or know of anyone who has used the hosting services offered by Media Temple ((mt) Media Temple - Web Hosting Built to Scale. (http://mediatemple.net/)) They look to be not to badly priced, and look to have some very high profile clients on their site.

Thoughts?

vangogh
02-13-2009, 12:18 AM
I've heard good things about their dedicated and VPS servers, but heard not so good things about their grid hosting. Both are based on limited opinions I've been given by others. I'm going to help a friend move to their hosting and I think it will be their grid hosting. In a week or two when we make the move I can share my experiences of MT with you.

In general I hear good things about them.

rezzy
02-13-2009, 04:59 PM
They do host a lot of known project and people. jquery, I think uses them.

Another host that uses the grid/ cloud model is mosso.com

I knew someone who recommended them. But no other experience with them.

orion_joel
02-13-2009, 11:55 PM
One of the biggest problems that i see, is that their service uses their own control panel and not cpanel.

Another thing while you can host multiple sites, you cannot resell and provide the client access to any more then i believe email and ftp, where as most reseller accounts have a control panel for each domain.

Anyway it was just an idea, as i was looking for a new host while the one that i am with now is not to bad the actual cost is maybe a little high, and the performance is not entirely what i would like.