PDA

View Full Version : Hello form down south!

greenwater
02-12-2009, 07:34 PM
I have been lurking around this forum for a little time know. During that time of sneaking around I have learned a wealth of knowledge from everyone.

I look forward to learning more and from those that already have taken the plug into the small biz owner realm and possibly helping out with what I can as I venture further into it on my own.

Paul Elliott
02-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Welcome, Green. What are your business interests?

Paul

cbscreative
02-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Welcome aboard, Green, it's nice you decided to join after lurking here. I hope you keep finding this place helpful as you venture into your own biz.

vangogh
02-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Welcome to the forum greenwater. I'm glad you were able to learn a few things lurking around. Hopefully you'll learn even more participating in the discussion and be able to teach us a thing or two as well.

Thanks for joining the community.

tuitionsource
02-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Welcome Greenwater, from one newbie to another.

KristineS
02-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Welcome greenwater. Glad to see you here.

rezzy
02-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Welcome green,

As a lurker, you should know us better then we know you, but with time all that will change. :o

Welcome to the forums.

greenwater
02-13-2009, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

So I can get the lurker status cleared from my name I figured I should tell you a little about myself.

I am 32 years old, married to a wonderful woman not to mention a jam up CPA(bonus points), have no children as of yet except the four legged vareity and on the steps of the small biz swimming pool.

After 5 years in the USMC and 12 years in the plumbing field I am sorta being forced to the edge ofthe pool. I have already taken alot of the steps to get things together and hours of research(aka lurken), its just a matter of time before I get the good ole elbow shove or I do a cannonball.

I look forward to speaking with everyone and trying to further enlighten ourselves with knowledge. My grandfather said one time "If you ain't learnin' something new everyday, you ain't livin!" So its game on.

Steve B
02-13-2009, 07:15 PM
sounds great. What kind of business are you thinking about?

greenwater
02-13-2009, 07:56 PM
I would be starting a plumbing biz. The market that I am in has the same thing that Huggytree has the same problem with, craigslisting, back door and uninsured types.
After spending 10 of the last 12 years working for a large reputable service/new construction/remodel plumbing company, with the last couple of years being in management, estimating and dealing with clients daily. I feel very fortunate to have that experience to fall back on and will be using what I have learned to my fullest.

Paul Elliott
02-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Great, Green!

Search for all the threads that HuggyTree has participated in. There are a lot of marketing ideas in them.

Do you mind giving us the city where you will be in business?

Paul

greenwater
02-14-2009, 08:55 AM
I would be operating in NE Florida/Metro Jax and the surrounding counties.

Just H
02-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Welcome Greenwater. I'm currently in St. Pete - hope you're having this same beautiful weather! Are you looking at working just by yourself or getting a crew? Will your customers be mostly residential or are you looking at the commercial market? Do you have a specialty?

~H