PDA

View Full Version : Web Speed Optimization

Ngimo
12-16-2013, 07:43 AM
Why we need to optimize our website speed and is it any direct impact to search engine or visitor?

Wozcreative
12-16-2013, 11:22 AM
For a few reasons and it all depends on your market/audience and is mainly pertaining to the mobile world.

Here are some statistics to show you how many users use mobile devices
• 50% percent of teen smartphone owners, aged 12-17, say they use the internet mostly on their cell phone in 2013
• 40% of low-income households primarily use smart phones - Healthcare, non-profit, and government institutions which need to reach these populations should be aware that their audience is mobile-only.
• 77% percent of searches from mobile devices take place at home or work, only 17 percent on the move
• Over half of smartphone users are mobile only

The reason mobile users are crucial is because people need to have websites that load quickly. Very complex and long loading times you will lose customers. Do you remember the flash website days when people would create loading screens where you had to WAIT for the information? No one wants that. We want it right away. If I am looking for a service, and I google and click and I don't see what I am looking for on the home page quickly, I leave and move onto a competitor. Bad load time means you won't get people looking at the rest of your site.

nealrm
12-16-2013, 08:55 PM
Why are you posting this question when your signature implies you already should know the answer?

CD2Solutions
01-07-2014, 07:37 AM
for a better user experience. if somebody has a better experience on a site, they are more likely to stay, reducing bounce rate.

a faster loading pasge will also rank better in search results, as page load time is a factor.