PDA

View Full Version : New Corporate Startup - Need Advice/Consulation before we look for funding

grasshopper
11-30-2013, 12:49 AM
We have our business plan done and we are in the 'seeking funding' stage of our venture.. but for us, this is a new thing.

Here is what we are looking for: We admit that we don't know what we don't know. We are looking for somebody who can gently and competently guide us and tell us the ins-and-outs, what we can probably get and the best sources and options, etc. BEFORE we dive into this...

Question: What sort of companies provide this service?

Thank You.

VUUmarketing
12-01-2013, 11:12 PM
I believe the best compilation of this topic is found in The Start-Up Playbook by David Kidder (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1452105049/)

I absolutely love this book - I read it to my baby boy as bedtime stories. It's an easy read with short chapters, each telling a story of start-up successes, the companies they started and the key attributes/perspectives required.

This book is all about name-dropping and identifying the key reasons for their success. You'll find tons of advice to help start-ups get ahead in the game.

Mike Wise
12-05-2013, 12:19 AM
Hello grasshopper!

Congratulations on the successful completion of your business plan! I know from experience that it can be quite a chore! Regarding your question about finding someone or a company that can help guide you all in the right direction regarding funding and more, it sounds like you all are in need of a professional business mentor. At this stage of your business, I know that you are probably looking to save money, so what's better than free advice, consultations, and service, right? I recommend contacting SCORE. The SCORE mentor section of their website can be found here (http://http://www.score.org/mentors). In their own words, "SCORE mentors deliver FREE, confidential, valuable advice for your business needs. Whether you are a start-up or an existing business, our mentors will help you reach customers and achieve your goals."

Personally, I've used them before, and they proved quite helpful if you can find the right mentor who proves to be the best fit personality-wise and business-wise. They can help in more ways than one, so check them out before you dole out cash.

Hope this helps, and let us know how it turns out.

Best regards to all of you,
Mike

SmallBusinessAdviser
12-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Before even looking for a company to advise you in person, I would suggest you read up on all the options. If you check out www.kabbage.com/guides, you can find a variety of guides and articles about funding as well as starting, managing and growing your company. If you're looking to find more information about eCommerce platforms, it's there, too. The guides typically give two sides to each option, showing you what you need to obtain that type of funding and what the pros and cons are. Plus, there are links to other resources (SBA, prosper, etc.) where you can obtain funding, including Kabbage itself.

Options
12-10-2013, 08:34 PM
SmallBusinessAdviser is directing you in the correct path. Obviously, it all depends on the type of business you are starting. Read and Research is key- if you are looking for investment funding, please feel free to message me