PDA

View Full Version : Business name cool or not?

soniabobit
11-23-2013, 03:54 PM
Looking for some advice on the name "ServeTech Services".. I think it sounds catchy but does it?

Really would like some import good or bad.

Thanks!

Fulcrum
11-23-2013, 04:04 PM
I'm not a fan of using "Serve", or a derivative of, twice in your name. My opinion, though I am hardly an expert at business naming.

nealrm
11-23-2013, 04:20 PM
I would go with just ServTech.

huggytree
11-24-2013, 05:11 PM
0 chance id use almost the same word twice

the problem I have is the name doesn't say what you do......I like names that say or mean exactly what you do
with the name servtech you could be a automotive garage or a floor cleaner...id have no idea

theres a Hvac/plumber in my area that has almost the exact same name....the name Servtech can mean almost any type of business

carloborja
11-25-2013, 02:01 AM
I would go with just ServTech.

Same here.

What does the business do? It's in the tech industry I presume?

gregcooper420
11-25-2013, 11:33 AM
I also like ServeTech. There is no need to add the services at the end, your name will be to long for know reason and that will be bad for marketing and branding.

Wozcreative
11-25-2013, 11:46 AM
It sounds a bit outdated to me. Like a small computer shop that fixes personal computers.

Harold Mansfield
11-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Both "servetech.com" and "servetechservices.com" have been registered. So for that reason I say no to both.

KristineS
11-25-2013, 12:24 PM
Not a fan of either version. Both sound dated to me, and neither really says what you do or what you have to offer. Granted, a company name doesn't have to say what you do or have to offer, but as a small business, things will be a little easier for you if it does.

Also, given Harold's discovery that neither URL is available, that needs to be taken into consider as well.