PDA

View Full Version : I Created A Clean Webpage - I Need Your Opinion!

markjans
11-18-2013, 03:40 PM
Hi guys,

About 2 months ago a company in The Netherlands asked me to design a salespage for their new product. I'm almost done with the design, I already converted the design to HTML. But I'm pretty sure that there is still a lot to improve. I really want to make a good impression to this client because I know there is a lot more work to do.

What I had in mind when I started with the design:

- The first impression should give a short overview of the product
- There should be a CTA (Call To Action) above default
- Things should be clean
- Not too much text
- Guiding design with a step by step process
- Building trust with testimonials and trusted logos

LIVE PREVIEW: keywordmarketingpro.com/services/forum-domination

I really appreciate if a few good designers can give me a few tips to improve my design and make it better!

Also open to better CSS solutions.

Thank you guys!

Mark

vangogh
11-19-2013, 01:02 AM
I think you hit all the points you wanted with the design. I'd say it's a job well done and I'm not really sure what suggestions I could offer. However, I'm very much against the product the page is promoting. I think it's pretty much spam to hire people to post to forums on your behalf. I routinely ban people here who do just that.

The design is very good. The product being promoted, not so much.

cbscreative
11-19-2013, 12:48 PM
I seriously doubt we can discourage the business model since the people behind it would have their mind already made up, but vangogh is right. All well run forums will see right through the smokescreen and ban you. The one who don't wouldn't pass on enough SEO juice to make it worth the effort. The ones most being taken for a ride are the clients who fall for this crap.

BTW, this feedback is coming from two SEO people. And vangogh is nicer than I am.

Harold Mansfield
11-19-2013, 04:08 PM
I have to agree, the product sucks and the word "authority" gets tossed around WAYYYY too much.

vangogh
11-20-2013, 02:35 AM
Yeah you probably won't find too many of the moderators here liking the product. I do want to reiterate again though, that your design is really good. I do think you succeeded with everything you were trying to do.

cbscreative
11-20-2013, 01:41 PM
And vangogh is nicer than I am.

And I repeat, vangogh is nicer than I am. :)

markjans
11-22-2013, 07:51 AM
Thank you guys for you honest feedback! They are really happy with my concept and told me I can do more work for them!

About the product, I'm not an SEO guy, so I can't judge that.. Maybe you guys can you give me some tips how to improve their product? I think they appreciate if I come up with a few good ideas :)

Harold Mansfield
11-22-2013, 09:46 AM
Thank you guys for you honest feedback! They are really happy with my concept and told me I can do more work for them!

About the product, I'm not an SEO guy, so I can't judge that.. Maybe you guys can you give me some tips how to improve their product? I think they appreciate if I come up with a few good ideas :)

I don't think they will. There is no way to improve the product because creating fake profiles for the purposes of nothing more than creating backlinks is spamming a forum and they already know it. They also know how forum owners and reputable SEO people feel about those tactics.

So I seriously doubt that they are looking for suggestions. The only suggestion you could give them would be that this isn't 2005 anymore and SEO isn't based solely on the number of arbitrary back links you get.