PDA

View Full Version : Review/Feedback of Site Would Be Greatly Appreciated

mrrodosmith
11-10-2013, 08:31 PM
So, long story short, a good friend of mine asked me to come on board with his athletic prep program and help coach his football team. It was a great honor. But, I didn't feel I could do him the best service in that area. I spoke with my father for advice, proposing that while I may not be able to provide the coaching expertise, I could definitely help in the area of web design.

I spoke with my friend about this and he was ecstatic. I presented my vision to him and 2 other staff members. They were impressed with my ambition and vision. So, I was pretty much given full control of the site. I went to work and rebuilt it from scratch. I was many a days until the late hours learning all I could to improve on the original site. Since I was under a time crunch, there were areas that I had to link to as I didn't fully know how to code it (the PHP-based questionnaire). Nonetheless, they were happy with the what I had done.

Now that the foundation has been laid out, I want to take the site to the next level. I want this to look as good (if not better) than an NCAA or NFL site. While I do have video on the site right now, I'll be adding more (game footage). But I'm looking to create a roster (full team, defense/offense/special teams, etc.).

Any input that you folks can provide would be gratefully appreciated.

Here is the site: Mountain West Prep (http://www.mountainwestprep.com)

Thanks again for your feedback and suggestions.

Sincerely,

Rodney

KristineS
11-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Definitely need to spend some time proofing the site. I saw a few sentence errors and things like question marks that first appeared in red, and then appeared in black and smaller next to the larger red mark. Could just be a coding issue, and easily fixed, but it should be looked at.