PDA

View Full Version : A question for all of You?

lkn for answers
11-05-2013, 07:30 PM
I am in my 20's. I have been working seven days a week for many years already and I actually enjoy working rather than spending my time doing what most others do.
My question is whether or not it is still possible to start a small business if i am willing to apply myself to it?

nealrm
11-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Are you talking in addition to what you are doing now or instead of what you are doing now?

Harold Mansfield
11-05-2013, 11:06 PM
I am in my 20's. I have been working seven days a week for many years already and I actually enjoy working rather than spending my time doing what most others do.
My question is whether or not it is still possible to start a small business if i am willing to apply myself to it?

Can you start a business? Of course you can. Anyone can.

Wozcreative
11-05-2013, 11:49 PM
Yes you can. I started while working 5 days a week and being away from 6 am to 8:30pm every single day.. working on my freelancing business from 9 pm to 1 am. After some months I got to the point where I knew I could do it full-time and quit the day job.

ProLectric
11-06-2013, 09:52 AM
You can do anything you set your mind to!

gregcooper420
11-06-2013, 10:49 AM
If you mean can you start your business while still working at your current job, yes you can do it. You will just need to have good time management and prioritize your tasks efficiently.

JamesCPA13
11-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Do something that you will love and you know you can make grow.

Twhansbury
11-06-2013, 01:30 PM
You can start your own business thats not the question and i believe you are asking if you are going to be successful. only one way to find out.
There are a lot of people who can not work for anyone but themselves. The same is for the flip side there are a lot of people that can only work for a boss.
To question if you can drive yourself and make it only you can determine that It wont be easy and only you can make it if you chose to.

DeniseTaylor
11-06-2013, 02:17 PM
I think that you sound like a great candidate for business ownership, since you prefer to work than play. Owning your own business is a lot of work.

I would suggest though, that you make sure you're in good financial shape first. That way, if you did want to scale back on job 1 to devote to job 2, you could have that flexibility. Otherwise, you could either run into problems getting the new biz off the ground (lack of time) or you could burn out.

Think it over, though. There are always solutions to problems. Best to avoid problems ahead of time, though. If you can, that is.

Good luck!

videogamesrock
11-07-2013, 12:41 AM
I agree I too worked for an employer while I even hired employees to help the business grow. It seemed like I was working for free paying others to work for me, but in a short period of time I was able to quit my job and work for myself, and then the hours doubled.

nealrm
11-07-2013, 09:44 AM
I do agree with the idea that anyone can start a business, however I don't think many people completely read your comment. I do not suggest trying to work 7 days a week plus trying to start a new business. Something will have to give, either your work at the current job will suffer, your new business will not get the attention it deserves or your health will suffer. There are a couple of way you can get to being self employed without killing yourself with work. You can stay where you are and save money. Once you get to 12-18 months of living expense, quit and work on your business full time. Or you can talk with your boss about scaling back from 7 days a week. Then use the extra time for your business. Either way, don't try to fit 8 days into a 7 days week long term.

huggytree
11-07-2013, 03:49 PM
when I started out I worked 4- 10 hour days for my employer and worked fri/sat/sun for my own business.....its the most conservative way to start out