PDA

View Full Version : Evaluate my website

percivaltech
11-04-2013, 08:57 AM
Hi everyone, great to be part of forums and look forward to interacting with you guys. I recently started to experiment with an IT company as far as offering services such as web design, ECommerce, mobile app development, etc. I recently graduated from college and wanted to give my own business a shot. I have started to realize it is more difficult than I originally thought. Marketing has been my biggest issue, after making a page for the company on facebook and inviting the hundred or so friends I have, I have hit a plateau and I haven't even had my first client.

Just wanted to get some feedback as far as how the more successful business owners have gotten the ball rolling with clients, when you first started did you notice paid advertising worked i.e google adwords, how long before your first client ?

Also I completed the site PercivalTech (http://www.percivaltech.com) but it seems like its not quiet there yet. If you could review it and give me an honest opinion to as how it can be improved that would be great. Thanks in Advance! :D:o:confused:

Twhansbury
11-06-2013, 01:46 PM
PercivalTech welcome to the forum,
Nice site. Did you use bootstrap?

VUUmarketing
12-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Yes, it's very difficult. You will find the industry is very saturated and your best bet is to do some direct marketing.

Your website is decent - however, there's still much to do for it to be functional for business. Before you do paid advertising, consider how you're going to capture the traffic.

ryantc
12-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Here are some ways to market your new website:
Search engine optimization, Blogging and guest blogging, Pay per click (PPC), Retargeting, Facebook Ads, YouTube, Email Marketing, Word of mouth (forums/Facebook fan pages, etc.), Social Media, PR.