PDA

View Full Version : Forms Design website feedback appreciated

FormsDesign
11-02-2013, 08:52 PM
Hey Peeps. Gregory here.

If you would be so kind, I would love some constructive feedback of my website (http://www.formsdesign.com.au) that I am trying to make it 'popular' at the moment.
I have dabbled into SEO a little bit but have no clue how to bring it up on big daddy-o google. I know I am lacking in content a bit. Let me know if I am missing some major things to help it promote it & achieve better rankings?:)

thanking you in advance, Gregory

<please set up a signature through Settings>

Wozcreative
11-03-2013, 08:42 AM
I checked out the form site and it looks nice. I like how well branded it is. Your logo is well done as well. Shows you spent some time to fine tune it.
With respect to your form services, I did not find quickly what type of "forms" you do. Is it PHP/Web based forms that clients can link to/email? Is it a PDF format? I need to know more about your service and what I will get in the end.

Contact page should also provide some type of address.. wether it is just a state or country or city.
Not a fan of the drop shadow under and above the homepage banner.

Other than the lack of content/information, I like it!

FormsDesign
11-21-2013, 10:08 AM
hey Wozcreative,

thank you for your feedback

Recently I updated the website with more content so it should look more...uhh.busier

Gabe
11-25-2013, 04:50 PM
I recommend spending time on optimization. I ran your site through Pingdom and saw around a 10s load time, 2MB page size, and 197 http requests.

You could cut the requests down significantly by combining the Google font requests, minify/combine your JS/CSS, and use image sprites. Also optimize (compress) your images if you haven't already. Disabling bad (redundant or poorly coded) plugins will also help since you're using WordPress.

A faster page load time will keep users on your site longer. It's also supposed to increase search rankings, but the effect is minor from what I've seen.

facebookapps
03-18-2014, 06:52 PM
This is the 3rd website I have looked at in this forum and I am amazed that none of them had Privacy Policy; Terms and Conditions or Disclaimer pages.

Harold Mansfield
03-21-2014, 09:18 AM
I like the site. I think it looks clean, I like the color scheme, nice use of images, I like the logo....just overall a pretty decent job.

There are a few things on the home page that stood out that I think can be improved on though:

On the home page, middle: You start out with these colorful headers and accent colors...the red, and then in the middle it gets boring and everything is grey. I'd keep the red accents going throughout..at least a little bit.
The floating social media share buttons? No. Not a good idea on a business website. It looks like you're begging. Not very corporate.
Menu navigation font is a little small. I'd probably make the font a little bigger, but keep the same overall menu height.
I'd probably make the social media buttons at the top white so that they stand out. I didn't see them the first time around. And I'd probably drop half of them. For a company that looks to be B2B, Twitter, Facebook, G+ and Linked In would be the only ones I show. SU and Delicious are more for bloggers, and your RSS subscribe goes nowhere.
In some areas the layout and fonts look a little too spread out. I may close up some of the horizontal spacing to tighten up the page.

Like I said, overall it looks good. In my opinion it could just use some fine tuning.