PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from DFW

tuitionsource
02-08-2009, 01:29 AM
Hello. Spider pointed me in this direction so if this doesn't go well we can all blame him, right? Thanks Spider. I just joined and am from the DFW, Texas area. I have many online businesses that I work on daily that are in various stages of development. This is a relatively new area for me as I just started 6 months ago. I also have some other business interests that occupy my time. In my spare time I am a school teacher. The plan is to have all of the business stuff under a manager within 5 years so I can sit on the beach and watch sunsets with fruity drinks in hand. Nice, small community ya'll have here. Looking forward to exchanging ideas with you.

Steve B
02-08-2009, 06:57 AM
Welcome tuitionsource - when I saw the title of your post I had a vision of someone stuck in the DFW airport with their laptop. Glad to hear you're not waiting on a flight.

vangogh
02-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Welcome to the forum tuitionsource and thank Frederick for pointing you our way. Can we visit you on the beach in a few years? Sounds like a good time.

I look forward to sharing info with you and thanks for joining the community.

KristineS
02-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Welcome to the forum. Glad that you've decided to join us.

cbscreative
02-09-2009, 01:49 PM
We can all pretend we are on the beach right now, sitting with our laptops, and talking to each other on this forum. I don't think Spider steered you wrong though, so I hope you enjoy your time here. Welcome to the community.

Paul Elliott
02-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Welcome. I spent over 30 years in Richardson/Plano area of DFW.

Tell us more about your online and offline businesses.

What are your current business problems begging for resolutions?

Paul

Spider
02-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Welcome aboard, TS. Now, be good, right? I don't want you showing me up by appearing smarter than me, or more handsome. Okay?

tuitionsource
02-09-2009, 11:48 PM
Welcome aboard, TS. Now, be good, right? I don't want you showing me up by appearing smarter than me, or more handsome. Okay?

Hehe. I don't think I could ever be smarter, but more handsome.....:D

tuitionsource
02-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes guys. You are all invited to the beach the sit under the umbrella, smell the air, feel the breeze, and listen to the waves. Drinks on me!:)

tuitionsource
02-10-2009, 12:03 AM
Welcome. I spent over 30 years in Richardson/Plano area of DFW.

Tell us more about your online and offline businesses.

What are your current business problems begging for resolutions?

Paul

Thanks for asking Paul. My offline stuff is rental real estate. That part has had a few bumps(landlording stuff) but overall it's been a good ride. I plan to be looking for some more properties this fall. I had a few friends convince me to get into the internet thing. It's been an awesome learning experience.

I live in a county near Ft. Worth with a population of 200,000. The largest local newspaper has a circulation of under 10,000. Most of the locals don't know what is going on in the city next to them 5-6 miles away. So I decided to attempt to fill that void. I developed an online magazine/newspaper. Our online traffic is already higher than our competitor and we have only been online about 4 months. I am at the stage now of keeping fresh content and finding local businesses to advertise. We have a lot of promotions planned for the upcoming stockshows and spring events. I also have a lot of other counties that we are ready to expand into once we have established some good revenue from this one. I am not sure if I am supposed to post the URL or not so I can shoot it to you in a PM if you like.

I guess advertising sales is my hurdle to overcome right now. It's all new for me.

Paul Elliott
02-10-2009, 12:37 AM
I am not sure if I am supposed to post the URL or not so I can shoot it to you in a PM if you like.

I guess advertising sales is my hurdle to overcome right now. It's all new for me.

Yep, send it.

Paul

tuitionsource
02-10-2009, 01:00 AM
Welcome tuitionsource - when I saw the title of your post I had a vision of someone stuck in the DFW airport with their laptop. Glad to hear you're not waiting on a flight.

Thanks Steve. Yeah, I see how one could arrive at that assumption. Nope, I'm not at the airport. I only make it there about once a year. Not much of a flier, can't flap my arms fast enough.:D

seolman
02-10-2009, 02:10 AM
It's a small world tuitionsource. My sister lives in Alvarado and most of my siblings live in and around DFW. I went to Nimitz HS (many moons ago) and lived in North Dallas for years.

Welcome to the Forum. I'll be browsing your Johnson County site every now and then to see what is happening.

tuitionsource
02-10-2009, 09:22 AM
It's a small world tuitionsource. My sister lives in Alvarado and most of my siblings live in and around DFW. I went to Nimitz HS (many moons ago) and lived in North Dallas for years.

Welcome to the Forum. I'll be browsing your Johnson County site every now and then to see what is happening.

Wow from Nimitz to Costa Rica! Yeah, small world. Thanks for checking in.

cbscreative
02-10-2009, 04:45 PM
I am not sure if I am supposed to post the URL or not so I can shoot it to you in a PM if you like.

Thanks for being considerate on that. Feel free to set up your sig file and you can include up to 3 lines, and up to 3 links. We don't frown on links as long as they are appropriate and not purely self-promotional (link droppers get scooped up and thrown away with all the other trash really quick).

tuitionsource
02-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Thanks for being considerate on that. Feel free to set up your sig file and you can include up to 3 lines, and up to 3 links. We don't frown on links as long as they are appropriate and not purely self-promotional (link droppers get scooped up and thrown away with all the other trash really quick).

Thanks Steve. Will do.