PDA

View Full Version : which logo works looks best?

rezzy
02-07-2009, 11:36 PM
hello everyone,

I am working on a new logo and wanted to ask you all. I have my favorite, but wanted to know before moving forward. You all may have insite into things I may not think about.

http://resnodesigns.com/images/1234.JPG

Steve B
02-07-2009, 11:54 PM
I like the middle one best.

The first one is kind of blobby and tilted. The bottom one is too stiff looking.

Blessed
02-07-2009, 11:58 PM
I think I like the middle one best too... but mainly because the top one makes me think of a toilet seat. I don't know why it makes me think of a toilet seat but it does... maybe I've been awake too long today... :D

However... if you took the white part off of the top one and just had the bubbly "r" thing going on with the darker background around it I might like it just as well or better than the middle one.

The last logo doesn't do anything for me.

OK, I'm off to find my pillow and blanket now...

Patrysha
02-08-2009, 12:39 PM
I like the second one best, but think that it looks a little too "today and trendy". Simplifying a bit might be better in the long term.

vangogh
02-09-2009, 10:27 AM
I like the middle one the best as well. I don't mind the last one, but it's the second one that looks best to me.

rezzy
02-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Any ideas for modifications to make? Or does it look fine as is?

KristineS
02-09-2009, 12:33 PM
I like the middle one. The first one does look a bit like a toilet seat lid, and the last one is angular and hard to read, at least for me. The middle one works best, but it does need something, I'm just not sure what it is. Maybe making the RD bigger and decreasing the prominence of the swoosh? I'm not a designer, and freely admit design isn't my best skill, so take this thought with a grain of salt.

nealrm
02-09-2009, 01:08 PM
I also think the middle one is the best. The RD center portion should also make a good small icon.

Jagella
02-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Any ideas for modifications to make? Or does it look fine as is?

I'd simplify your logo a bit. You can make it more memorable that way. You might consider just using the “RESNODESIGNS” logotype. If you want to use the large R and D, then try placing them into the logotype. I'm not crazy about the egg shapes, but if you decide to keep them, then use flat color rather than gradients.

Finally, the large, outer egg shape is too light and blends into the white background. If you keep it and plan to place it on a white background, then try to increase the contrast. Place a stroke on the egg shape or make it darker. Another option is to use a darker background.

You may email me (jagella@freeforalldesigns.com) the Photoshop and/or Illustrator files if you'd like me to experiment with it.

Jagella