PDA

View Full Version : Website Feedback #2 ;)

Wozcreative
10-24-2013, 09:33 AM
OK! So I've finally soft launched my site and new branding. Some tweaks are definitely going to need to be made.

For now I'd like you to take a look at what I have setup. Give me your first impressions.. be as harsh as you like but let me know how I can "fix" it.
Also let me know if any of the portfolio pieces are poo poo and I should remove. I will be adding more to some of the categories as they are scarce.. but would greatly appreciate comments on them.

I have some questions with respect to personal work. I do a lot of painting, drawing of characters, landscapes.. mostly kind of macabre.. they usually involve skulls, "timburton esque" stuff.. surrealism etc.. Is that something I should KEEP OFF the site? IE I am thinking of adding a link somewhere to a behance or another site that will collect some of this stuff?

In any case, I'm excited to introduce the new branding and site: Great design creates brand connections ‹ WozcreativeWozcreative (http://www.wozcreative.com)

Wozcreative
10-27-2013, 12:38 PM
Was looking forward to some comments. Please let me know what you think.

I am noticing a lot of click throughs now that it has been launched, people seem to go to the "clients" list the most.. I am concerned as that is not really a focus on of the site.. since I work with, and enjoy startups and small businesses.. the clients page may deter them (I have had some people tell me that I am not the right fit because I work with big brands... but I don't want to give off that feeling... startups/small businesses are so much more fun to work with.

What are your thoughts on that page? Remove it? Keep it? Edit it?

Patrysha
10-27-2013, 09:57 PM
Looking now...But Watson's Ridge --wording mismatch - should be led not lead where you describe the project.

KristineS
10-28-2013, 01:36 PM
The one thing that really jumped out to me was that the language on the rest of the site is all "I" language, but the language on the About page is more formal and you refer to yourself in the third person. It's kind of jarring. Personally, I'd continue the "I" language through the About page as well.

Wozcreative
10-28-2013, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I was wondering about that part myself too.

Core List
10-29-2013, 12:01 AM
Hi Elwira,

I didn't go through your site in full detail, but I did visit it and click through a few pages and got an overall idea of your design. I must say, I am very impressed. As a graphic designer, it is good to see the benefits of a simple, easy to read and navigate website. I see so many designers get it wrong and put too much brain clutter in a design that it takes away from the main purpose of the site. You really have grasped the concept of design, branding and functionality and tied it together brilliantly from what I have seen.
Keep up the good work and I am sure if you apply the same style of work to all of your clients you will do really well.

Regards
John

vangogh
10-29-2013, 01:04 AM
My first impression is a good one. Of course I liked the old version of your site as well. It's a nice clean layout, well organized, easy to find things, etc.

I agree with Kristine about the "i" and the formal thing. I had started on your about page and noticed the 3rd person writing and immediately wondered why not 1st person. Either could work as long as it's consistent, though I'd prefer "I" and being more informal.

I haven't read every word on the site, but I'm looking at the Service page now. Overall I think it's good, but I have a few thoughts. I like the paragraph you wrote in the services section on the page. I wonder how that would work set across the top in a larger font size. I'd remove the last sentence though "Count on Wozcreative…" It sounds a little too markety to me without really adding anything. I'm also wondering if the Approach section is going to help convince clients. I'm not sure the information in there is what I'd first want to know if I was thinking of hiring you. Just a thought, but what about the Services paragraph (without the heading) across the top like I mentioned and then right below it the 3 step process you have at the bottom. I might call that My Process. Then below have the benefits and services side by side. I'm not sure either needs the heading. Again just a thought.

Overall I really like the site. I think you do good work and I like your portfolio and like seeing it placed it front and center

Wozcreative
10-29-2013, 08:30 AM
My first impression is a good one. Of course I liked the old version of your site as well. It's a nice clean layout, well organized, easy to find things, etc.

I agree with Kristine about the "i" and the formal thing. I had started on your about page and noticed the 3rd person writing and immediately wondered why not 1st person. Either could work as long as it's consistent, though I'd prefer "I" and being more informal.

I haven't read every word on the site, but I'm looking at the Service page now. Overall I think it's good, but I have a few thoughts. I like the paragraph you wrote in the services section on the page. I wonder how that would work set across the top in a larger font size. I'd remove the last sentence though "Count on Wozcreative…" It sounds a little too markety to me without really adding anything. I'm also wondering if the Approach section is going to help convince clients. I'm not sure the information in there is what I'd first want to know if I was thinking of hiring you. Just a thought, but what about the Services paragraph (without the heading) across the top like I mentioned and then right below it the 3 step process you have at the bottom. I might call that My Process. Then below have the benefits and services side by side. I'm not sure either needs the heading. Again just a thought.

Overall I really like the site. I think you do good work and I like your portfolio and like seeing it placed it front and center

Thanks for the feedback.. I agree with the "services" page in terms of layout and structure. It's one of the pages that I had trouble organizing and figuring out what is needed vs what is not. I'll go back and make the appropriate changes based on your suggestions. Thanks!

I'll also definitely have to rewrite the about me section to include "i's".

Jeremiah
10-30-2013, 07:00 PM
WozCreative
I like the website. the black and white with red accent is a classy touch. Your high profile clients doesn't seem to flashy or intimidating. My suggestion would be a video profile to showcase or talk about your special abilities. It gives the viewer a quick reference and could increase their time on the site. Another idea is perhaps a blog page included.

Wozcreative
10-31-2013, 09:18 AM
WozCreative
I like the website. the black and white with red accent is a classy touch. Your high profile clients doesn't seem to flashy or intimidating. My suggestion would be a video profile to showcase or talk about your special abilities. It gives the viewer a quick reference and could increase their time on the site. Another idea is perhaps a blog page included.

Video would definitely be a nice touch!! I am unfortunately not a video person.. so I will need to think about that one :)
I am thinking of also including a testimonials page. The blog idea is definitely something I will be adding when I come up with a concept or blog posting to write.

These are great so far!! Keep them coming :)

Twhansbury
10-31-2013, 05:35 PM
Great look to the site.

A blog would be helpful. You can include video in that aspect when you do.

Best of luck

Search for Files (http://www.docurated.com) with Docurated (http://www.Docurted.com)