Thread: Virtual Assistant Services-Need help selling

Array

Question Virtual Assistant Services-Need help selling

Hi guys,

My name is Christina and I am working with an outsourcing partner in providing virtual assistants. (They have over 1000 staff and been around for over 5 years)

Having previously managed operations in a training business which required management of remote staff including virtual assistants. In this time I developed processes and used systems to successfully project manage teams in Canada, Philippines and Australia remotely.

I am currently building my outsourcing business targeting small to medium sized businesses. What I do differently to most outsourcing providers, is that I learn my clients business and processes and work with the employer to map these processes, streamline and future proof them. So if a staff member decides to leave, you have a knowledge base all ready to go for the next staff. Many people complain about VA services and the reason why they do is because the VA was not managed properly.

I have fantastic recommendations from senior and executive management that show my commitment, incredible project management skills and integrity.

My only issue now is that I need to make sales.

I know I can make this business successful and I have crafted a great business model. I just need a chance. If anyone has any advice, I would really appreciate it.

I was thinking about doing a promotion and providing my start up (transition) services for free and clients can just pay for a VA so I can gather some testimonials. That way I could test to ensure my new systems are working smoothly, get feedback & testimonials from customers. I'm just not too sure where to advertise it. Any help/advice?

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Christina. You definitely need to do some marketing and promotion if you want people to know about you and consequently contact you. What have you done so far?

The main thing is to think about who is likely to become a customer and then think about where you can reach those people. Do they read the same magazines or spend time visiting similar communities online? Do they connect through networking groups? Once you have an idea where you might reach potential customers you need to build a presence in those locations. How you do that depends on the location. In a magazine you could advertise or find a way to write articles for the magazine. In an online community you can join and participate. In building a presence you want to get the message across what your business is and why someone should choose you over the competition.

The details for how you do all the above really depend on the specifics of your business and who you see as your customers.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Private Label Manufacture
    4everalive Labs
    Array

Christina,
    Just an idea.
    1) Build a Paretto Chart of the services in demand for VA's.
    2) Match the 80% of results with specific Industry.
    3) Go to Yellow Pages and look for companies within Industry found in 2.
    4) Create a Cold calling Script (Ask for help here), and call your companies.
    5) Build a beautiful Corpotate Brochure showing your services and benefits......

I'm sure you will be able to convert in no less than 10%.

regards

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Definitely agree with Vangogh that determining your target market is key. You can talk about your business all you like, but if you're not talking to the right people, you won't get anywhere. One thing I would do, if you haven't already, is come up with a website that details your qualifications and the services you offer. You could also start a blog, which would allow you to detail your methods and to create content that would be of interest to your potential customers. I don't know what your scope is as far as whether you're looking to work nationally, or internationally or locally, but you can also contact local and national business publications and ask if they accept articles or press releases.