Thread: year end....swot test!!!!!

Array

Default year end....swot test!!!!!

have you done your swot test yet?
    mine is scary in the threat dept.....the government...and mother nature.... those 2 i cant influence or plan A work around... ....the gov might close our road and im over 60....the new 40!!!! ha ha....the huge road threat is out there but still murky....
    swot is looking at your business and listing its ..STRENGTHs...WEAKNESSes...OPPORTUNITies AND THREATs....doing this seriously has always been a big help to me in planning the next year, and seeing the last year better....
    does anyone use this idea ? i just make 4 lists one for each idea....its pretty neat...
    Last edited by greenoak; 12-21-2011 at 07:58 AM.
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Ahh, the good old SWOT test. Takes me back to business theory class when I was in college.

It is a very useful test and can be very helpful in creating a plan for the next year. I generally do something like this at year ends. Helps me pinpoint where I might want to go in the next year.

Registered Member
    Array

Umm, what's a swot test? I am new to business so I have never heard of it before.

Array

you make 4 lists about your business.... its to help you think about where you are and what you are doing...
    ..S..strengths..thats where you put your strong points, what you business does best.........W...weaknesses....thats for your weak points.....O.... OPPORTUNITIES..for the possibilities out there for you, some might be lots better than others......... AND THEN t THREATS.... WHAT IS HANGING OVER YOUR BUSINESS THAT COULD CRASH IT TO THE GROUND....
    its just another way to look at your business and your ideas about it...
    i find it interesting to have others, partners or staff to also make the swot lists.....
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Registered Member
    Array

Oh nice. I have never heard of this, seems like a great idea for get a partial plan together for the new year. Thanks for sharing