Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: facebook for dummies.......

Array

Default facebook for dummies.......

i just bought FACEBOOK FOR DUMMIES... the new one, co authored by one of our members.... grandma mary..aka, .andrea vahl.....
    i have learned and enjoyed her online advice for about a year now........ i hope its a great seller for her...
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Registered Member
    Array

have you got a link to it's webpage or something?

Array

just search grandma mary on facebook....her real name is andrea vahl.
    i just bought the book and now facebook is making grand changes!!!! not sure how it will affect stores tho.... shes on top of all that , which is why i liked her on facebook...

facebook has been churning out tons of UI changes eversince they have started. Her book may help for now but maybe in a year or so, who knows. Things could get very different quickly on facebook.
    Have the mindset on how to become a millionaire quickly

Array

thats for sure....but she actually is a great communicator , seems to me anyway, and has an active facebook page....those books are kind of expensive tho...but i didnt mind paying...she has a lotof info on her page too, very up to t he minute and she doesnt seem to rush to judgement on new twists and turns...andi like that in her approach too....

Registered Member
    Array

Are you actually getting more traffic to your pages on Facebook using her advice? And if so, is that extra traffic translating into actual clients?

Array

our page was really working well when i got the book....we are getting a lot more traffic every month.........and so many talk about what we put on our facebook im sure its got a big part in a whole lot of our actual selling right now... ...we hit 2000 fans just a few weeks ago and have added 80 since then....
    we had probably already done most of the good things she advises as far as marketing and promoting our page...but for the technical stuff we are maybe behind on some things....like i would like to get more info on pinterest, and i find the ads hard to judge..i hope to work on a lot after our christmas rush...its really pretty complicated if you try to use all the features...
    .she doesnt talk down to you but she doesnt use insider tekk jargon on you either.... ....and on her facebook page she has lots of outgoing links on all kinds of good info,,,also she isnt just about online selling, she talks about local pages too...and thats what we are....
    talking about stuff and decorating and christmas is fun ...im not sure about mold!!!lol...
    i havent gotten very far into her book yet...

Registered Member
    Array

Wow, I'm going to have to check it out then. I am skeptical of social networking "experts" because a lot of the stuff is black hat, but if her stuff is working I would be anxious to give it a read.

maybe you want to share some of the things that are stated on the book

Registered Member
    Array

I like mercer25's idea