Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: QR codes (quick response) anyone using them? How are they doing for you?

Array

We just used them on a couple of brochures we handed out at three Children's Consignment Sale events this fall - we had the QR code direct to the client's Facebook page. It seemed to work well! We added several followers on all three of the Facebook event pages and had good discussion going on during the events on Facebook - where we posted the most recent up-to-date information (of course!)
    ~Jenn
    Crazy Dog Creative: Graphic Design and Marketing

Hi everyone, great discussion!

I'd like to chime in and offer a quick list of best practices for QR codes. I hope this will help some people:

1) Make sure you are instructing people on what to do with the code. You can either tell them verbally, or have it in print. Many people don't understand how to scan them.

2) Offer a reason for people to scan it. Reward them with a voucher, or for best results, something free right away.

3) If you're using a code to forward to a website, make sure the website is a mobile website; the less scrolling and zooming people have to do, the better.

4) On that website, make sure you're giving up the reward AFTER they give you their email address or cell number. You want to build a marketing list, otherwise, you're leaving a hot prospect on the table.

5) Have a great loyalty program in place to continually reward those on your marketing list.

6) Encourage sharing of your loyalty program by offering even bigger rewards when people "bring a friend."

7) Provide an alternative for those that don't have smart phones. Have cards to collect names and email addresses so you can manually add them to a list that evening and send out their reward.

8) You can even have QR codes online. They bridge the gap between mobile and other media / tools, not just print and online. Use codes on Facebook, YouTube and your website. You can even have a code on a special page on your mobile site to make it super easy for smart phone users to share your mobile space with each other.

Hope that helps !
    Google Places for Local Business Owners
    Google Places / Maps has become the best ROI for local business owners. Period.

I will also add that I think QR codes are great, and like Mobile Marketness said, directions are helpful to the people who don't know how to use them. Those people will be the best people to use it with too because they will probably be as excited as I was when I first saw them. I read recently that there are only a few points of the QR code that are essential to the functionality, so there might be some wiggle room for creativity.
    My fiance and I are planning on using one for our wedding invitations that will direct our guests to a video.
    They have so much possibility, it will be exciting to see what people do with them.

LOL that's a great idea! Put a little Paypal Donate button under there and ask for Honeymoon contributions, too
    Google Places for Local Business Owners
    Google Places / Maps has become the best ROI for local business owners. Period.