Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot Summer Days Are Here Again.. What are your vacation plans?

Array

Thumbs up Hot Summer Days Are Here Again.. What are your vacation plans?

It was a long cold winter, but the hot hot hot days of summer are here again. Just thought I'd start a conversation and see if anyone has any terrific vacation plans in the coming months?
    I'm looking forward to a couple of road trips myself. How about you?

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Vacation? What's that? I've heard this mysterious word vacation, but never believed it to be true.

My only planned vacation (or time off from working) in the next few months is when family will be visiting in late August. Nothing planned otherwise, though I could easily decide to go somewhere for a few days or a week if I find business slow. I'm more likely to just take a few extended weekends though without traveling too far. Road trips are always fun and the best road trips are the ones that happen somewhat spontaneously.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Work, work work....... Nothing planned unfortunately. We had plans for a family vacation to the coast for a week, but decided to postpone. That week passed and what is normally great weather here (california) was raining and cold still. Hopefully if time permits we cna get it back on the books for end of summer.

How about you?
    Tyler Hutchinson
    CEO at Full Circle Business Consulting
    HTTP://www.fullcirclebusinessconsulting.com

Planned: Road trip from DFW to Daytona Beach. Stay a few days and then travel up the east coast to DC. Spend a few days there and back to DFW. Total trip about 3 weeks.

Now I am reading about gangs, violence, and riots on east coast beaches. What the heck is that all about? Do I need to change my plans?

Array

Every day is a vacation! Play with the dogs my wife has to groom, visit SBF and see what I can stir up! Prepare my next Toastmaster speech. All this and big blue Texas skies.

Don't you just love life?!

Array

VanGogh.. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy! Even a weekend getaway qualifies as a "vacation". That's all we're planning on doing - one or two tank trips - a couple of times while driving weather is good.
    TuitionSource.. That sounds like a long trip, but a great chance to see the country. I heard there was some violence in South Beach over the weekend, but not sure exactly what it was related to.. also caught wind that the Florida beaches have been awash with jellyfish, which would be a downer for an afternoon at the beach..

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I do take time away from work. I tend not to go on week long vacations in the summer though. I take time off around Thanksgiving every year. In the summer I enjoy Colorado.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

My first career of 22 years was pretty much 100% travel nationally and internationally. Going on a trip by air or car and staying in a hotel and I feel like I'm at work. Although the upside is I know the places I would like to go back to or visit if I did take a mobile vacation.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Going to try and go to my favorite place in the Upper Peninsula for a long weekend. Had it planned last year and it didn't happen, so I hope it works out this year.

For seven years I haven't taken a vacation because I owned a retail store in a tourist town. Now that I no longer have the store and pretty much work a 9-5 job, every weekend is like a mini-vacation. I have promised my wife that we would take a couple long weekends and head to the beach (Maine coast). We won't plan them until the week we go to guarantee good weather. I haven't waited this long to take a vacation and have it rain on us the whole time.

Aaron