Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dealing with Dementia

Array

Default Dealing with Dementia

Been seriously blessing my mom's memory over the last week or so, since my mother in law was released from the hospital into our care...more specifically my care since hubby left for training for a new job on Sunday night...so I'm left here to balance my job, my business, three boys and his medically and mentally fragile mom thinking "seriously schizophrenia was easier than this!"

I don't know if the difference is that mom was mostly a nice person and I'm quite certain the in law was the inspiration behind "Heaven won't take me and Hell is afraid I'll take over" or it's just that so much time has passed since my mom had an episode that I was witness to...but this has been much harder to deal with.

I don't think I've ever reminded myself that "this too shall pass" so often in such a short amount of time...

Array

Hang in, there, Patrysha.

Array

good luck...
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Hang in there Patrysha. My grandmother had Alzheimer's so I'm familiar with what it does. It's not an easy thing to deal with. My grandmother went from forgetful in a sometimes humorous sometimes scary sort of way. I can't tell you it's going to get easier, but I'm sure you'll manage. Good luck.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

You have my prayers and thoughts. My grandmother had Alzheimer's. She was a great lady, one of the most intelligent persons, I've met. Caretaking is emotionally draining, but it's worth it. Stay strong.
    Twitter: ShredderClay Tumblr: Shredder-Clay Recycle with your Paper Shredder, let me give you a few pointers how... use them in crafts, in shipping, in your compost pile....

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

My thoughts are with you Patrysha. Dementia is very hard to deal with, and even tougher when you're caretaking alone.

Hang tough and remember to take care of yourself.

Array

She passed away yesterday afternoon in her sleep in the hospital. Her condition was deteriorating rapidly at home over the past week and I finally called the ambulance last Thursday as she had weakened so much...

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Sorry to hear the news. I assume this wasn't unexpected given what was going on, but it's always sad nonetheless. Hope you and your family are doing as well as can be expected.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Thoughts and prayers, Patrysha
    Dan Furman - Copywriter, Business Author, Entrepreneurial/Business Consultant
    Business Writing Services | Website Copywriting Services | Blog here

Array

Did ya have to send snow with those thoughts and prayers? Really? We're good...I'm sure there'll be some messy emotional stuff bubbling up over the next while...especially when we head out to clear out her apartment...but for the most part it's a long awaited closure...