Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi all

Array

Default Hi all

Hi, Iam Chris from Australia.

I have a mobile auto paint repair business which has been running for 9 years.
    Looking to still learn more about marketing.

Cheers.

Chris.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Chris. We do have our share of marketing conversations here so hopefully we can help with your learning. Thanks for joining the community.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Refugee from the .com
    Array

Hi, Chris. Congrats on 9 years. As of right around this date (can't recall exact date without pulling paperwork), I just hit 9 years with my current company too. Welcome, and this is a great place to learn more about marketing. It's an important part of running a business and we make sure to cover it here.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Array

Welcome aboard, Chris.

Array

G'day Mate! It will be interesting reading about running a business like yours "down under". Looking forward to your posts!
    Ted, Appreciation Marketing Consultant

Array

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Hi ParaTed2K, I am a spray painter by trade working in smash repair shops for 20 years. 10 years ago I decided to set up a business repairing paint work on cars without respraying them. I have a process of removing or reducing scratches & swirl marks, touching up chips and scratches as well as paint protection & paint correction. I have been servicing car yars only for the last 9 years. After 30 years in the trade I am very good at this. My problem is that the car yards treat you like an employee, I would like to work on privately owned cars. When it comes to marketing and the internet I don't know much. I have wasted a lot of money in these fields over the last 12 months by trusting and taking bad advice. I do have a website. I feel I could learn a lot on this forum. The post I have been reading have some great tips. I have already learned from the moderators that putting my website on my profile will create a link, so I have done something without even knowing it.
    Thanks
    Chris

Welcome!

There are several of us here with varying levels of knowledge about marketing on the Internet to compliment an established physical business. I can help you with keyword research, building websites, and the like - but I'm not really qualified when it comes to bringing in local customers, as my business is online only.

So... the clearcoat on the top of my pickup cab has gone cloudy and will soon begin to flake. What do I need to do?
    Read about how I got a flat rate toll free number - or how to run a cheap background check.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Chris, I went ahead and approved your post asking for a review. Once you've posted a little awhile the links won't automatically cause posts to go into moderation.

For your business are you planning on getting your own space to work on cars or were you thinking you'd work on them at the owner's homes?
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Capitalist,

If the clearcoat on your pickup is going to flake off, the only way to fix this to respray the roof.

Vangogh,

My set up is a mobile service, I have found that most people are to busy & like the idea that I can come to them at home or work.
    The other thing a like about mobile service I don't have to pay rent or power , water bills.

Thanks Chris

Array

Hi Chris - Welcome aboard. It's spring time here, I guess it's fall where you are?