Thread: networking....

Array

Default networking....

as i reported earlier im sending big money to texas to a mexican who i can hardly understand..... the cold caller, who seemed like he was perfect for me........i was glad to see a buddy of mine from kansas today who knows the guy and has dealt with him....all good....i should be getting my truckload of iron in a couple of weeks.... we'll see.....he has my numbers...
    also im getting a delivery , being picked up by one travelling show doing antique dealer customer who read about my wishes on facebook and volunteered to pick up a load from a texas gal who ive bought from for years and who doesnt come up this way anymore.... and doesnt ship....
    none of this would have happened withouty the internet.... so im very thankful ...
    Last edited by greenoak; 03-24-2011 at 12:46 PM.
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Array

I don't think any advances in technology can equal what the internet has helped us accomplish. It has literally brought the world together in ways no one could have imagined without it. I know my business only exists because of it. Of course, people in your business did well long before there was an internet, so there's no reason to think you couldn't run it successfully without it, but as you point out, the internet has done wonders for you and your business.
    Ted, Appreciation Marketing Consultant

Array

right parated.....and whenever i seee you i feel guilty for not sending thank you cards...[hope you are selling lots...]
    .. like when someone spends tons with us.....or brings a group of friends in.....
    just being out on the internet kind of raises the bar as far as seeing what other businesses manage to offer.....
    im pretty good at on the spot laginappe....but bad at organized thank yous...
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

One thing to consider, the Internet has made us somewhat numb to the event of making a new contact. Adding a friend on Facebook, or meeting someone in a forum is an event that happens regularly, and one that most people pay very little attention to.

I've found that if I want something from someone, or if I want to really establish a lasting relationship, picking up the phone and calling them makes a huge difference.
    Read about how I got a flat rate toll free number - or how to run a cheap background check.