Thread: Hello From Northern Illinois

Array

Default Hello From Northern Illinois

I have been doing posts for a week and figure I should stop by here just in case somebody wants to know who the heck I am.

My name is Jeff Pohl and I'm an Internet Marketer (thats the first step ). I used to never tell people that because I got odd looks and they thought I was only slightly more moral than a drug dealer. Now that I am a bit more established, I still get the exact same response but I enjoy the reaction.

Actually I did (and still do) a lot of Pay Per Click, SEO and offline marketing as an affiliate for various businesses. Before I get to where I am now, let me very quickly take you on my journey. I was a programmer/systems analyst who decided one day I needed to know more about business. I then decided to get my MBA and it did help me open my eyes a lot. I got into the forementioned IM arena and made some money and lost some money.

I ran across a couple small business owners (their businesses were small, not the owners...but I digress) who knew they should be doing something on the Internet but had no good idea what they should be doing and really even why. After helping them I started looking around and found many small businesses in that situation. Since then I have been doing a lot of SEO consulting locally. However, I am on a mission to get a system in place to get small businesses on the net correctly and cost effectively.

I love this stuff and please feel free to ask me directly any questions in the SEO/IM space that you may have and I would be happy to help. I don't pretend to know everything. I still have lots to learn but I've been around this stuff for a while now and have a few experiences that I think work and are relevant and am always willing to share.
    I have several years of small business Internet Marketing experience with specializations in email marketing, SEO, and local search engine marketing.
    Jeff Pohl 815iMedia

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Jeff. I know we've been chatting back and forth awhile now, but it's nice to be able to give you the official welcome. I know those looks. I also get the confused looks from people when I tell them I'm a web designer and then have to explain what I actually do all day.

Great to have you with us and thanks for joining the community.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

I'll join in the official welcome to add my greetings. I'm glad to have you join our group and look forward to your continued posts.