Thread: Brand spankin' new!

Default Brand spankin' new!

Hey all,

So I just joined up with sbf. I'm an audio engineer/producer manager and within this past month we were able to move ourselves into an actual recording studio! (this is huge as we were recording/mixing/producing from the home we share)

I wanted to get a quick poll from the group reading this. At this moment, we are sharing the space with a design studio in town who went in on the lease with us. Our gameplan is to start up essentially an umbrella corporation for creative, arts-based companies and launch them as subsidiaries of this umbrella corp. Just off the top of your head, good idea or bad idea?

Thanks for any and all feedback. I look forward to contributing to a great forum.

Mike

PS - Any entreprenuers in the arts industry? Specifically anyone else working in the music biz?

Refugee from the .com
    Array

Welcome aboard, Mike. I'm not in the arts directly, but eborg should be passing through to say hello soon. He's somewhat connected to the music biz.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Array

Welcome aboard, Mike.

Array

I'm hoping to sign a local music client for publicity and promotions, but that's as close as I've gotten to the music industry...

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Mike. Hard to say one way or the other whether your plan to set up under the umbrella corporation is a good idea or not. It certainly makes sense, though I don't know if any of us could really say good or bad without the details. But again it certainly makes sense.

Looking forward to getting to know you and thanks for joining the community.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Mike.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Hey Mike, welcome to the forum. Sounds like a cool idea..sort of like one stop..record and also have your promotional graphics done in the same place kind of thing?
    Can't say that I'm in the music biz, I just have a music blog that is somewhat popular in it's niche, but I'm more than happy to offer an help that I can.

Congrats on the studio! I think the umbrella corp sounds like a good idea. Hopefully you're so busy doing artistic projects that you don't need to worry about supplementing your income, but just to put it out there: more and more businesses and entrepreneurs are realizing that website (and blog) videos are important sales tools. Maybe you could offer some kind of assistance to folks who want simple videos for their sites. Or maybe you could develop and sell a really cool plugin that does the work for the site-owner.
    www.BeneWords.com -- Original, affordable and professional content articles.
    www.BeneNotes.com -- Guest bloggers welcome.

Array

Welcome to the forums! We look forward to seeing you in the boards!
    tulsa accounting agency providing nationwide payroll services and do-it-yourself online payroll