Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Caricaturist asking your advice on new business

Greenoak, thanks for the suggestions you gave. I still have no access to them but I will read them with my best attention.
    I thought about sending samples to institutions or groups who are associated to the memory of these historical figures. That way I might do that marketing of each figure at the time. So I agree with that strategy, and will implement it as soon as possible.
    For that problem for those who give gifts I don't see a solution, really. I think the mistery and the expectation of the reaction from those who receive is the magical element that make people love gifts. Or hate them, too. That is the power of surprise itself, that is very hard to control!

Array

Hello Frederico,

I also took your survey and viewed your wonderful drawings. Wow! They are incredible and truly seem to capture the essence of the subjects' personalities, which is what a good caricature is all about.

I could see you as a book illustrator for sure. (You would definitely need to copyright your images.) I could see a market in providing images to authors, historians, even television / movie documentary creators and that sort of thing.

You provide a tantalizing sample of your work on this sales page. Now it's a matter of pointing the right market to it.

The other cool thing is that you have the entire world to capture your images from. You don't have to be limited to political figures. You can do any inspirational or intriguing figure from history from Mother Teresa to Marilyn Monroe, for example. The sky is the limit with your artistic talent, I believe.

There is a lucrative commercial market for your drawings. Of that, I am sure. Now it's just a matter of targeting them.

Karen
    Karen Braschuk
    Virtual Assistance: Office Support 911
    Transcription: Simply Transcripts

Hello, Karen.

Motivating comments like yours provide the energy and motivation I need to continue, so I see people who make them as they were my partners. For that, I'm most gratefull to you, it's worth to work hard if we feel we're actually giving something valuable, and that was the effect of your message.
    Targeting this collection is my actual concern. The survey provides some information, but there's still a lot to do in that field.

Thank you also for filling it out,
    Frederico