Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Website Creation

I think you can get a website done using upwork you will find many website designers there and just find a good one with good reviews.

I aim for building sites for people in Wordpress, then showing them how to add content. When it's all done, I just ell them to call me when it breaks.
    I'm saying Wordpress, and I mean the downloadable one that you can stick on whatever web server you want, not wordpress.com. I like the option of being able to zip up a site and move it to wherever I want (and have when a web host pulled "Price is going up 100%" or some other shennanigans). Also, you have COMPLETE control of the site design. I don't know if that's true with wordpress.com or wix. You can have a designer build you a layout you like, then hack it up into a wordpress template.
    Whatever you do, I'd urge you to make sure you have the car keys, and if you hire it out don't let your web person hold the site hostage. Just like being able to jump ship hosting-wise, you ought to be able to migrate easily to another designer if you want.