Thread: Staring Business at Night

Default Staring Business at Night

Hi everyone, i'm from Brazil and I don't speak english well. Do you think open a small store or cantina with an employee during the day and work on it at night is a bad idea? Does Bussines like that work in your cities? thanks

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I think it depends on the person. I usually need to do something full time to be successful with it. I need to focus on one thing. Other people can work a job and start a business. You would probably want someone to help you in the store anyway, since it's hard to be there all the time. If you trust the employee to run things while you aren't there, I think it's possible you can start and run the business successfully.

It's more difficult when your focus is divided between your business and something else, but you can make it work.

I hope that helps.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Business means you should focus completely on it. Otherwise you will face a problem in development. Hope you understood. For success hard work is very important for that you need to concentrate on marketing, finance and goals etc....

I can work two jobs and go day and night for awhile. Then, I hit a wall have to have a break. Your personal energy level is key and you know yourself best.

If the location is good so you will get enough foot traffic easily, that is also a factor. You don't want to have to worry about how much business you're getting. Or is there a way to earn enough to get two employees so you can take time off?

There is a little coffee shop in our town that is open limited hours. (That seems to be big these days) Or another little business that changes hours depending upon the season. Perhaps regulating your hours can work to your advantage when needed. It seems to work around here, although I know those places lose out on business when they're not open.

At any rate, as long as you can get enough business to pay the employee and make a profit for yourself, there are creative ways you can work things. Around here, people understand.

Thanks for your opinions, I would like to open a small business but i am little afraid to throw away my job and A new small store need some months to get money. I understand i need to put a big effort to develop my own business, but i am little afraid. Is there someone with experience with small store?

What you're asking is very non specific. I wish you would have included more details but I understand there's a bit of a language barrier.

It depends on what type of business. There are many businesses that depending on the location can do very good at night such as clubs, bars, diners that cater to club/bar attendees and other late night crowds.. Or businesse that serve in areas with universities and colleges can benefit by being open at night.

Hi MotiveGraphics, language is a problem for me, it's little difficult to write everything, but i am trying to learn, i hope solve this language problem soon. I am thankful for your help, now i am considering to start a business at night, but such a bar isn't easy to open in São Paulo, because we have to get a specific license to sell alcohol drinks. I am thinking about a pizzeria, is it a good ideia? in your cities, are there small pizzerias working well?

Array

Anything food related needs a lot of time and attention. Most importantly it needs good quality and good service. If you are considering a pizzeria then you need to have people you can count on to provide those things in your absence. Unless you go franchise, which you probably can't do part time, you need to bring something the people want. You need a solid recipe. My family had a pizza joint for many years, it was a lot of work.