Thread: Do I need a business ID to buy from a supplier?

Default Do I need a business ID to buy from a supplier?

Im looking into a new business idea and first need to get a hold of a few chemical supplies that can only be found from a supplier online. It will only be for research/personal use and to perfect the product before I plan on starting up a very small scale business.

They haven't got back to me yet but I have been asked for a business ID before from a supplier and since it was a small order they sent it with a 0's in place of the Business ID. Is it common place to have to show a business ID to purchase in small quantity? If so do I need to do anything else besides register for the ID to order from suppliers?

Banned
    Array

Depends on the relationship the business has with their suppliers. Some suppliers set up distributors to sell to resellers who then sell to the consumer/end-user. Others permit don't differentiate between distributes/resellers and they can sell to anyone within their geographic area. You won't know until you talk to them. But if they want an ID, and they don't accept "no" for an answer, ask them for the contact info for one of their resellers who can sell to end-users.