Thread: Need Help- Started LLC but never did anything , is the company still valid

Default Need Help- Started LLC but never did anything , is the company still valid

I stated a LLC business in Aug 2013 but never did anything or filed any taxes, will the company still be valid an what do I do to check if I can still do business on the same company name.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
    Mohit

Banned
    Array

Specifically, what did you do to "start" this business? Just register the name, just register the business, record any expenses or income for it, what?

Array

Mohit,

LLCs normally are never removed unless a form is filed to dissolve it.

You can simply go to the Secretary of State for your particular state and type in your business name. It will tell you all the information listed about that LLC (keep in mind, exact spelling matters).

As for it being active, it is active. However, you might not want to use it anymore because the statute for "Start-Up" under the IRS has ran out. They only allow three years after the business has been formed to be considered a start-up. You might want to consider starting over with a new LLC with a DBA of your former LLC and do business that way.

That way, it gives you the tax benefits that are in place for start-ups.

I hope this helps!
    Tran Nguyen
    Accountant
    Tran'sActions Accounting, LLC