Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who's using LinkedIn, and how?

Array

LinkedIn can be very good if you use it for prospecting. If you have someone you want to get in front of you can look them up on LinkedIn and see if they are connected to anyone you know. I do this all the time and have definitely been able to meet new prospects this way.

Array

I create posts (not updates). They are similar to blog posts on Linkedin and I find I get more traffic to my profile with it. Having said that, I find Linkedin as a way to grow brand awareness of me and my expertise and nothing more.
    VoIP Business Phone Solutions - Grow and sound like a large company. Try for free using promo 'small-business-forum'
    Read my latest article: 6 best case scenarios to switch to business VoIP

My company has its own LinkedIn page and we use it primarily to share our blog posts too. We generally get 1-3 people liking each post (and they're not all people from the company lol) so I guess that makes it slightly successful in terms of brand awareness and reputation building. I don't think we get any business directly out of it though - i.e. paying customers.

Array

LinkedIn has been very good to me. In fact, I know use my LinkedIn profile as my email signature. Before, I used to think that it's a spam fest platform as well. But ever since I befriended a certain industry leader, that's when the value of LinkedIn revealed itself.

I realized your LinkedIn profile is what awesome prospects use to check if you're "legit".

I have opened my company page on LinkedIn and posting on regular basis does work quite well. But most importantly it's a great source of networking, I feel.
    You can also Google how to benefit your company from LinkedIn.

Array

I'm on Linked In but haven't done much with it.

My husbands "succeed at school & beyond" course that he is required to take for his degree had setting up your LinkedIn Profile as one of the first assignments so now we've spent a lot more time on his profile than on mine! But I have made some connections through it - even though I'm a pretty lazy LinkedIn user!
    ~Jenn
    Crazy Dog Creative: Graphic Design and Marketing

I use it to promote my content. When I publish an in-depth article, one of the first things I do is post it in related LinkedIn groups.

You can drive consistent traffic for a while after the post, and it only takes about 5 minutes. I've also generated leads that way.
    Are you wasting time trying to find leads on LinkedIn?

Take my short 7-question quiz right here and find out.

Array

LinkedIn is good for prospecting and making an initial connection with people, but it is time consuming. I have found it a great way to initiate relationships with some key people. I also get the occasional client from just being active.

Mostly I use my LinkedIn profile for social proof and as a signature in my emails if people want more information about me.

Array

The problem with Social Network is the way we use them, and most of us get it completely wrong. Social Media is a place where you Care-Share-get Cared, its more or less like real life friends group or (relationship) where you have to give (first) in order to get something in return. Even personal Facebook profiles works the same way, unless you like my profile picture (when I change it) I am highly unlikely to like yours. (Unless ofcourse you are a good looking girl).

Same way first start building a network, like good contents others share, and comment on it and slowly build relationship with others, and then people will be interested in liking and sharing your posts (links etc). Also always avoid marketing tone, (read this, check this, and so on) instead present it with the real title of the blog and tell them you found it useful and so you are sharing it with your friends.
    Consider outsourcing your accounting tasks to an Accounting outsourcing company. This will help you reduce your business costs considerably and free your time for other tasks and promoting your business.

i have a presence as a part of visibility factor. i don't do any activity as i find useless connection, in the sense they are very broad and might on be accurate for your business. Linkedin member discuss with you without knowing what you are into and expect a participation. Although there are actions, but seemingly irrelevant.