Thread: Shipping Options

Default Shipping Options

Anyone have suggestions on the carrier they prefer? USPC, Fedex, etc... Also, packaging material. Suggestions on where to buy. Thanks.

Most of my clients prefer to let the customer choose simply because it results in having to field fewer complaints about shipping. You can have one place where USPS is the carrier of choice, another with UPS, and another with FedEx. Pretty much if two of the big three are available, the complaints are greatly reduced.
    || VMdoh - Drupal development, consulting, and support

Thanks Brian. I will be sending the same product each time. An electronic device that is 3x1x4 light and two peripherals (3 foot hdmi cord. a power cable that resembles a phone charger).
    Do you have a suggestion on what type of materials to use or an attractive way to ship my product (box & packing material) Shoestring budget here, but I also don't want it looking like it was just tossed in a used box! Thanks....

Array

You might want to try Uline for boxes and packing materials. That is the company we use and they have huge variety of boxes and packing materials. Don't worry about looking to fru-fru. Just look professional.

hey, thanks all! I will give that a look and if you have any other suggestions please say

Array

I would use USPS for small packages or if you are a low volume shipper They have flat rate boxes up to 50 pounds also. I only use FedEx because I get a volume discount, free pick up and they are always on time. You may find that FedEx is cheaper in the long run if you are doing larger volumes of shipping because of the volume discount. You need to open a FedEx shipping account in order to get the discount. The discount varies from as little as 5% to as high as 80%.

i would recommend fedex over others

To me it's not the shipper it's the mountain of export paperwork you have to do. If you do it on a regular basis you will know and get fast at the paperwork, but if its an occasional deal I wouldn't do it. I only do international orders if its wire transfer, and I ship to a freight forwarder who does all the international paperwork. I'll provide the schedule B number, nothing more. Of course that would change for a large order.