Thread: Hello Everyone, Just a friendly Background of me!

Default Hello Everyone, Just a friendly Background of me!

I am a motivated,passionate, young go gett-er and have always been interested in entrepreneurship. I am 21 and have had some business experience. I recently got out of my latest business venture which was owning a small landscape company. It was fairly profitable where we had about 10 regular clients we did various task for every other week or so. I got out of that business because of the labor preformed, i don't mind it i just would rather do something with bigger profitable margins and my partner and i were having issues on which way we saw our company going so he offered me a buyout. I finished up at a JC in California and am eager to make my next step. Not sure whether to jump back into school and get into student loans route at a state or UC. Or just try and start up my own business. I have lots of ideas, and feel like i have lots of good skills sets necessary. But would lack reputability starting another business model because of my age.

anythoughts?

thanks and interested in meeting you all!

Array

Hello and welcome to the forum.

It's rarely a good idea to go to school just because you don't know what else to do, especially with the cost of education these days. First decide what you want to do (or at least what industry you want to work in) before considering school. School is essential for some things (i.e. if you wanted to open a law firm) but with most businesses you're better off learning by doing. For example, I have a Master's degree from a well known university by neither my Master's degree or my Bachelor's degree have anything to do with my current business. I would have been better off spending the time mastering my craft or working for a company in the same industry.

I recommend thinking hard about what you'll enjoy doing. If you don't know, try different things. But running a business is hard, so make sure you love it before dedicating years of your life to it (which is essentially what starting a business is). It's only work if you'd rather be doing something else.
    Need a new website?
    Professional business websites in 60 seconds.
    Try our business website builder free for 7 days.

Array

Welcome!

What ideas do you have?? What are you interested in?
    David Hunter | Duke of Marketing | Former Real Estate Agent
    www.DukeOfMarketing.com
    www.BibleAndFriends.com/go/youtube