Thread: Help Me Brainstorm Some Names For A Content Marketing Agency?

Array

Default Help Me Brainstorm Some Names For A Content Marketing Agency?

Hi all,

I've been brainstorming names for a new content marketing agency I'm starting, and would appreciate any help!

I like abstract names that have nothing to do with the actual agency (think names like Google, Yahoo!, Chipotle, and Flickr) vs. agency-specific names, like Content Commando, or something of that sort.

I'm not all that creative, sadly, and the best I've been able to come up with are:

Plava Media
    Yova Media
    Remonomic

Thanks!
    JR John
    Did you know that blogging for B2B agencies increases lead generation by 67%, search engine indexed pages by 484%, inbound linking by 97%, and website traffic by 55%?
    Freelance Blogger

Array

Plava and Yova sound like female internal body parts to me.

How have you been "brain storming" these names? What are the research you've done for these names to rationalize why you've chosen these? Have you done the research to see if they are available? Being made up names have you checked to see what they may mean in other languages?

Anyone can throw out random names at you, but without doing the research on availability, knowing what your services are, who your competitors are, how you will be using the name.. then all that work will be worthless. Random names are nice but you actually need to put more effort into it.

Regarding your "examples".. the meanings of google, yahoo, flickr may seem random to you.. but they are not. Have you done the research for how they got their names? Google isn't random and they do have meaning, it was a quirk/misspelling for a word they wanted to use and this versions stuck with them. Flickr was used because Flicker was taken (I'm assuming its what happens when a camera shutter speed does). The name Yahoo is an abbreviation for "Yet Another Hierarchical Officious Oracle". Anyway they all have names that mean something and have derived from something that has happened or was thought about previously and not really a name that was created to not mean what the service actually does. Hopefully you've already looked into this yourself though.

So, you really need to sit your butt down in front of a computer, a thesaurus, a dictionary, google, a domain generator, a business registration service and start googling the heck out of it. If you've already done this and came up with these names then I apologize! Not enough info was provided and it leads to me thinking that these are just random things from your head.
    Graphic & Web Design [ View Portfolio ]
    Services: Logo Designs, Stationery, Brochures, Flyers, Booklets, Direct Mail, E-Newsletters, Websites, Store Signage, Packaging & Printing

Array

Listen to Woz. Nothing else I can add.
    David Hunter | Duke of Marketing | Former Real Estate Agent
    www.DukeOfMarketing.com
    www.BibleAndFriends.com/go/youtube

Array

Actually, I only half agree with Woz. I don't like any of the ones you came up with, but I also don't think your name should be based on having some secret meaning that most of your target audience will never be aware of- I didn't know Yahoo was an acronym, and now that I know, I don't give a damn. It's a good name cause it sounds cool, same with Google. What matters is how the name comes off to the customer, not what it means to you.

I suggest writing out a clear and succinct value proposition first, so you can pick a name that conveys that. Incidentally, I was thinking PerfectlyContent, or something like that that plays off the double meaning of "content." But still, I can't give a great recommendation without understanding what service you provide.