Thread: How many designs should I have in each category of my online clothing store?

Default How many designs should I have in each category of my online clothing store?

Im starting an online store with three categories. Bottoms/Tops/Dresses How many designs of each category should I have? For example should I have three different dress designs or five?

Array

We can't really tell you how to stock and setup your business. Your own research should be showing you what you need to do.

Are these your own designs?
    Are you doing your own manufacturing in house?
    Are you catering to one specific clientele?
    Have you considered clothes that fit the shorter, stocky (wide shoulder), and somewhat overweight (20-30 lbs)crowd? Thinking of myself here as I can't find anything outside of custom shirts that fit properly and I can't be the only one.
    Brad Miedema
    Fulcrum Saw & Tool

Banned
    Array

You should have designs that are ready to fly out the door in colors and sizes that people want to buy.

It's not about the number of designs in categories you've set up on your e-commerce site. It's about the products you sell and how you market those products in a way that makes it easy for your target customers to buy them.

Array

If it's catered to a niche market, you should focus on branding, marketing and not go overboard with inventory. Inventory and # of Sku's usually screw small businesses up because they force themselves to grow in terms of quantity as apposed to quality and catering to a specific trend with proven designs.
    Graphic & Web Design [ View Portfolio ]
    Services: Logo Designs, Stationery, Brochures, Flyers, Booklets, Direct Mail, E-Newsletters, Websites, Store Signage, Packaging & Printing

Registered Member
    Array

Hi, i think more designs will help your store to show up. Especially when you sell on Ebay or Amaon, you will got more views if you have more designs, which you'd better post them in many times, not need too much for each time. BTW, if you need more designs, i can help you, and no need to stock, just to be the reseller.