Thread: Video Surveillance for your business! Analog or Cloud based! My reccomendations!

Default Video Surveillance for your business! Analog or Cloud based! My reccomendations!

I recently opened my second Cafe in Bulgaria...I wanted to put video surveillance - to check on my employees, cash registrer and keep my clients safe!
    I checked the prices to get regular video camares and recording system, to buy a recording system, hard drive, video camares!
    It is expensive to buy all this hardware - about $300-$400..and if something happens, electricity goes down or the hardware breaks, or burglers come at night and steal the server or the hardware, all the recordings will be gone!
    With the cloud based IP surveillance is different stroy - I just need to buy IP cameras and hooked them up to my internet connection!
    Also checked several sites, that are with pretty good quality services fennocloudcam(dot)com, ivideon(dot)com..They provide different plans for homes and business!
    I talked with a guy from fennocloudcam and He explained, that if I get business based recording system and server and if someone comes to my property - thief or someone else, He can steal the servers and the recordings will be gone. If they are cloud based and I have an UPS system somewhere in my garage or basement- my internet and electric power will not disappear, if the criminals cut the electric cables and all my recordings and live monitoring will be protected!
    What do you think..I choce fennocloudcam, but maybe there are other options as well..Please advise!
    Ip camers cost about $50-$60 and the Cloud based services are Free or start at $5 per month!

Thank you,
    Vel

Array

If you are trying to keep a cap on costs, going with these cloud providers, the price could go higher then you expect. As you noted, the price starts at $5 a month. The free option is likely not worth it, without reading the sites. That said, there is a benefit in having off site backups and storage, you can do this with both solutions with a server.

To me its primarily if you want to reduce the headache and time to work with making it work. Would you rather just pay for what you want and let that be or work with making all the components works.

You also get what you pay for... in most cases. Lastly, I have no refrence for any product so I have no opinion on them.

Ive had both, well a DVR and camera system and then one with a internet connection. The internet connection was great and that feature is what we used the most except when the power was out or internet was out and then we thankfully had the DVR on site.