PDA

View Full Version : Shark Tank

Steve B
08-07-2013, 04:10 PM
I'm just curious if anyone else loves this show as much as I do.

Wozcreative
08-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Shark Tank, Dragons Den (canadian + UK), The Big Decision, redemption inc... can you tell I'm obsessed? ;)

Steve B
08-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Thanks - I'll look up the others to see if they show around here.

patrickprecisione
08-08-2013, 09:09 AM
I've caught a few episodes of Shark Tank and liked it.

Woz, are any of those shows available on Netflix?

Wozcreative
08-08-2013, 10:16 AM
Only 3 seasons of dragons den is available. I Watch all the others via online on their TV station sites. Or just google and find some streaming ones that work. If you're patient you can piece some together via youtube as well.

King Akoma
08-08-2013, 04:12 PM
I've heard its good, but I have never watched it. What channel does it come on?

Business Attorney
08-08-2013, 05:02 PM
I watch Shark Tank and enjoy it but as someone who deals with clients taking on investors as a big part of my practice, I cringe at how ill-prepared most of the people presenting their projects are. They have the idea and in some cases a marketing plan but their lack of understanding their own numbers is shocking to me.

My wife and sons (but not my daughters) also watch it. In fact, if they didn't record it for their own viewing, I would probably rarely get to see it because I almost never record anything.

huggytree
08-18-2013, 11:03 AM
i watch it

most of the people who go on it seem to be more interested in getting free advertising than making a deal

seems like the show is morphing into that concept more and more

i cant figure out why Robert is on the show...he rarely is involved in any deals...he's always out and when he's in they never take his offer...he's the dead weight on the show

Harold Mansfield
08-18-2013, 11:35 AM
I've heard its good, but I have never watched it. What channel does it come on?
Watch Shark Tank | ABC TV Show - ABC.com (http://abc.go.com/shows/shark-tank)

IADS
08-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Shark Tank, Dragons Den (canadian + UK), The Big Decision, redemption inc... can you tell I'm obsessed? ;)

A few other great shows are The Profit, The Pitch, Bar Rescue, Undercover Boss and Restaurant Imposable. Along with Shark Tank, I DVR then all, and have never missed an episode of either. I may not get to watch them right away, but I do get to them.

Wozcreative
08-18-2013, 04:02 PM
i watch it

most of the people who go on it seem to be more interested in getting free advertising than making a deal

seems like the show is morphing into that concept more and more

i cant figure out why Robert is on the show...he rarely is involved in any deals...he's always out and when he's in they never take his offer...he's the dead weight on the show

I love robert! He does make deals. I think he maybe makes more on dragons den.. i duno!

Steve B
08-19-2013, 06:59 AM
Robert is my favorite. I don't think he makes many deals, but his input is very good and he usually isn't mean just to help ratings.

Wozcreative
08-19-2013, 08:42 AM
A few other great shows are The Profit, The Pitch, Bar Rescue, Undercover Boss and Restaurant Imposable. Along with Shark Tank, I DVR then all, and have never missed an episode of either. I may not get to watch them right away, but I do get to them.

Awesome Thanks for the suggestions! I have seen Undercover Boss.. it was great until it started to get really repetitive.. they had the same scenarios in all the episodes.
I THINK I saw the pitch before.. they choose which investor to go with? It was fantastic. I'll have to re-look at it again.

KristineS
08-19-2013, 11:59 AM
I've never seen any of these. I mostly watch stuff online since I had my cable pulled, so I may have to look a few of these up. Are they shows that really show the process, or is it all about artificial drama. I hate "reality" shows that are all about manufacturing tension so people will watch.

Wozcreative
08-19-2013, 12:37 PM
It basically opens up your eyes to the things that a lot of business people miss out on/don't do before they think they can make it big. I learn a lot from it.

Business Attorney
08-19-2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the additional tips on shows to watch. I have watched about half of the ones named, at least once or twice, but a few were completely new to me.

Steve B
09-02-2013, 07:53 AM
Thanks IADS - Bar Rescue and The Profit are now a couple of my favorite shows. Bar Rescue has been having a marathon, so I've seen about 15 episodes in the last week or so. I only wish he would tackle a moderately bad bar instead of just rescuing the absolutely terrible situations all the time.

huggytree
09-04-2013, 06:57 AM
undercover boss is a Oprah production for the OWN network....its all about emotion.....if you only watch the first 2/3rds its not too bad, but the end when they reveal themselves is all about crying and emotion....kinda makes me sick....and everyone is exactly the same...everything is always about how great the worker is and handing out freebee's to make them cry

Wozcreative
09-04-2013, 08:36 AM
undercover boss is a Oprah production for the OWN network....its all about emotion.....if you only watch the first 2/3rds its not too bad, but the end when they reveal themselves is all about crying and emotion....kinda makes me sick....and everyone is exactly the same...everything is always about how great the worker is and handing out freebee's to make them cry

Yea thats why watching a season or two was enough. It's all the same.

Business Attorney
09-04-2013, 10:33 AM
I agree that the first 2/3 of the show is the most interesting, seeing the problems that front line employees face every day. I also don't care much for the wrap-up but for a different reason. Most of these companies have thousands of employees, many of whom are probably just as good or better than the 3 or 4 the CEO meets. To single out and reward the 3 or 4 employees who happened to cross paths with the CEO just feels inappropriate to me. In most cases the show does cover company-wide changes in processes or benefits resulting from the undercover observations, but that should be the primary focus, not rewarding the particular individuals whose stories we saw.