PDA

View Full Version : This guy takes "Follow your passion" to the level that it was intended.

Harold Mansfield
07-13-2013, 01:37 PM
I hate over used cliche's, but then I saw this guy who is the epitome of the phrase "follow your passion".

What I like about his story is that he didn't just sit back doing what he loved and hoping that he would make something out of it. He embarked to be the best and make people take notice of him, thereby pretty much creating his own opportunity where none would have existed before if he hadn't developed it into something spectacular.

It's the quintessential, "Don't just dabble in it. Blow it out of the water" story.

Plus it's pretty cool! When you are this good, you can dress up like a super hero and no one is going to question it one bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnuFrtTNUTc

eina26
07-23-2013, 09:28 AM
It is pretty awesome. :)

LGCG
07-23-2013, 09:40 AM
Ok, I'm going to be a jerk here- Am I the only one not really impressed by the yo-yo performance? I'm sure he's one of the world's greatest yo-yo masters but I still don't get it. I do admire his dedication and passion.

Wozcreative
07-24-2013, 07:22 PM
Ok, I'm going to be a jerk here- Am I the only one not really impressed by the yo-yo performance? I'm sure he's one of the world's greatest yo-yo masters but I still don't get it. I do admire his dedication and passion.

My younger brother would do a lot of yoyo contests when he was about 12, he won first place in every one that he entered.. a lot of the stuff he was able to do in this video.. i think i HAVE seen better professional ones though. His strings are really short, if he made them longer he could do more with it.

Anyway impressive that he made a career out of it.. but not impressed so much as to the "tricks".

Harold Mansfield
07-24-2013, 07:25 PM

I'm impressed with the fact that he made a career out of something that he loves and found a way to take it to the next level and be a leader, instead of a follower.

Harold Mansfield
07-24-2013, 07:26 PM
And he can dress like a super hero while he does it.

LGCG
07-25-2013, 10:04 AM
Anyway impressive that he made a career out of it.. but not impressed so much as to the "tricks".

Totally, Woz. I'm not as well versed in yo-yo as you are, but I just didn't see anything in the video that really blew my mind.

But Harold, you're right. Good for this guy for turning his passion in to a career.

Also, I hate being a person on the Internet who just puts other people down. Definitely not trying to be that guy.